Super Bowl Thread: Yeah it sucks we're not in it...but they're gonna play anyway.

Leader

6 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I understand your angst, but my head would hit the ceiling if TB had a press conference this afternoon announcing his retirement....However, it has been said he wants to play until he's fifty....

A lot of guys want to play as long as possible.  But sooner or later the mind is willing but the body ain't.  

4 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

IF the Chiefs could have went into halftime with the score 14-6 and came out kicking the FG, they would have been mentally better off with a five point deficit instead of twelve....That however wouldn't have increased their opportunity to win the game...As you stated, no other QB in SB history has been so hounded by a defensive front four.... 

He was harassed all game long, no doubt, but I'm pretty sure entering halftime with a 15-point deficit after those 2 gift-wrapped TDs from the officials (one of which came off a sure-to-be scoring drive for the Chiefs on the INT taken away by the zebras on that tick-tacky "hold" that they haven't been calling on worse from TB all game, hell, all playoffs) took him out of it mentally. Take those away and they're very much alive at the end of the 4th quarter. 

But that's just par for the course for Brady. He usually gets all the calls.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

A lot of players however haven't treated their bodies like temples such as Brady has....

I really don't think that's it at all. Plenty of players take really good care of their bodies, especially later in their careers when they can't get away with McDonald's 4 times a week like they could when younger. I don't even think you can point to his weird diet and stuff because there is no actual evidence behind most of it. His longevity boils down to three major things outside of taking care of himself: 1) being a pocket passer who never scrambles and - most importantly - is good at feeling pressure and instantly falling before taking a big hit, 2) new rules designed to protect QBs that older QBs like Favre did not benefit from, and 3) and extraordinary amount of luck. It's as simple as that.

Edited by Hoodie89
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hoodie89 said:

I really don't think that's it at all. Plenty of players take really good care of their bodies, especially later in their careers when they can't get away with McDonald's 4 times a week like they could when younger. I don't even think you can point to his weird diet and stuff because there is no actual evidence behind most of it. His longevity boils down to three major things outside of taking care of himself: 1) being a pocket passer who never scrambles and - most importantly - is good at feeling pressure and instantly falling before taking a big hit, 2) new rules designed to protect QBs that older QBs like Favre did not benefit from, and 3) and extraordinary amount of luck. It's as simple as that.

Instantly falling before taking a hit, is another way of taking care of your health....Whether a small or huge bit, using the rules you are talking about also figures into the same thing....As for luck, I would rather think it involves intelligence for him to lengthen his career by not taking unintelligent chances...

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

He was harassed all game long, no doubt, but I'm pretty sure entering halftime with a 15-point deficit after those 2 gift-wrapped TDs from the officials (one of which came off a sure-to-be scoring drive for the Chiefs on the INT taken away by the zebras on that tick-tacky "hold" that they haven't been calling on worse from TB all game, hell, all playoffs) took him out of it mentally. Take those away and they're very much alive at the end of the 4th quarter. 

But that's just par for the course for Brady. He usually gets all the calls.

Perhaps, but taking the breaks away he got in the SB wasn't going to stave off defeat for the Chiefs....