Week 6 GDT

TheVillain112

7 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

You have a great penchant for avoiding and deflecting all the points I've made and repeatedly squirreling out of it by making personal attacks.

I believe that is against the rules.

No.  Point out that you have a penchant for hyperbole (your posts are littered with them - even this post quoted has it in it - I don't even think you're realizing how often you resort to it) is not a personal attack.

You see something you don't like, you deflect or you move the goalposts.

10 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Did you even watch the game?

A good chunk of it.

10 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

they held the Jets to three consecutive three and outs, followed by three consecutive turnovers, then a FG

You're also forgetting the TD they gave up to ASJ.

And, am I supposed to be impressed by them being able to hold down a team with a crappy QB and the worst collection of skill position players in the league? I already admitted their run defense was good, but the Jets offensive line isn't good and they were without their best back in Powell.

18 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

The Patriots defense was absolutely good today.  I think it's completely absurd to say they sucked today.

They were solid. Bounced back well after a rough start.

But, like I said they still allowed McCown and the Jets questionable group of receivers to do enough to not make me skeptical of that defense. I'm not counting them turning it around , because they have good coaches (Patricia and Belichick) and talented corners that just aren't playing up to their ability. 

4 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

.....You do see why what you're trying to point out isn't relevant at all right?

EDIT:  In fact it strengthens my point on two fronts.

1.  You have no idea what is being argued.

2.  You can't judge individual game performances based on a full season of work.

Your original point was that I have no idea what was being argued?

14 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

You're trying to pick apart an argument that was never made.

NO ONE has said the Patriots defense has been good for the season.

We're arguing that they were good today, and the nonsense that they were bad to start the season means they were bad today is bad logic.

And nowhere did I say that because they were bad the first four weeks that that meant they were bad today.  Remember that bit about putting words in other people's mouths?  You, however, have made assertions that the first four weeks have absolutely no relevance - you've cherrypicked statements from my and others' posts pretty badly in that respect - and that any attempt to call today's game or the last two weeks' games as exceptions and not the rule is also just absurd beyond belief.

Archived