Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

Just now, .Buzz said:

Sitting on $ when you can pay out for a potential game changer with zero cap issues makes no sense to me.

These contracts all have outs after a couple years. The risk is worth it.

We'll see if he's a game changer. I'd have rather spent that money elsewhere

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

We'll see if he's a game changer. I'd have rather spent that money elsewhere

I mean I guess that's fair. But a TE with his tools is something that is a rare breed in the NFL that most offenses are dying for.

Point from me is, don't overpay just to do it but if there's a guy that's in that elite category/has the potential to be, pay up for it, especially if you have zero cap issues/doesn't cause any issues for you. 

Just now, .Buzz said:

I mean I guess that's fair. But a TE with his tools is something that is a rare breed in the NFL that most offenses are dying for.

Point from me is, don't overpay just to do it but if there's a guy that's in that category/has the potential to be, pay up for it, especially if you have zero cap issues/doesn't cause any issues for you. 

I don't know...I mean, if I were taking this chance, I'd probably do it with Gerald Everett who has had comparable production and physically is nearly identical to Jonnu. That to me is the upside play. He's not the blocker that Jonnu is, but I'm not paying one guy 13 million for his blocking. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't know...I mean, if I were taking this chance, I'd probably do it with Gerald Everett who has had comparable production and physically is nearly identical to Jonnu. That to me is the upside play. He's not the blocker that Jonnu is, but I'm not paying one guy 13 million for his blocking. 

No, but if you have a TE who has freaky tools in the receiving game that can also be a mauler in the run game, he's worth that contract in spades.

I saw Jonnu having a huge year then get forced to help the backup LT/not get used as much in the passing game because he was forced to block. 

There's projection there, and who knows how he does with below average QB play, but the talent is there to be in that top tier imo.