Packers hire Joe Barry as DC

Nick_gb

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

GB's performance this year had nothing to do with their draft class, which was UB's point right? That we should wait and see because everyone laughed at the draft class and they got to the Championship game. 

I don't know.  Love may have directly contributed to Rodgers.  Big maybe, but something lit a fire there.  If that is all he ever brings, it was worth it.

Wolf drafted with an eye to the future all the time.

So did GB last year.  They will have second year guys taking on more responsibility this year, which is exactly how you want it.  Martin, Barnes, Runyan, Hanson, Deguara, Dillon.  And I think I'm forgetting a safety that got reps this year.  Scott maybe?  Even Garvin got reps at EDGE #4.

GB just didn't have a "splash" player as a rookie.  And they didn't need it.

I seem to recall a "regression" thread on here and GB led the votes as the team most likely to regress. (Which I agreed with.) And yet they still went 13-3 in the regular season.  And....they were able to largely let the rookies learn.

• 9 months later...

Just thought this was worth a bump (apologies to the mods if that's frowned upon).

There's still a lot of the season to go, but it's and as if he's been without injuries in his personnel and god damn he's been proving everyone - myself included - completely wrong here!

47 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Just thought this was worth a bump (apologies to the mods if that's frowned upon).

It is, but at least you were nice about it. I think it's worthy a discussion in Gen, so feel free to start up a new thread in there.

Thanks!

• Like 1