Week 6: Jets vs Pats

Dr.O

Did anyone catch who was wide open underneath heading to the sidelines on that last pass? It looked like the jersey ended in a 9. I've replayed it several times, but can't get a clear pic. Anyway, I think that is why McCown had his head in his hands on the sidelines after that play.

Tough loss, guys. It was there for the taking - just a combination of bad calls from refs, questionable playcalling at the end of the 1st half, some time management issues, and a possible missed wide open receiver on that last offensive play. 

28 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Let's take the L and grow from it, McCown had his ups and downs(mostly ups), ASJ looked great, and the defense in stretches looked good.

Adams is fantastic but it seems he struggles some in man to man, we have NO pass rush whatsoever from the edge or the interior.

That lost today proved, we are only a few pieces away. What did I just say yesterday, the Pats are a team in demise. Did you ever see a defensive as lousy as the Pats. I don't think we have to grow from that loss today. I think we have grow already. 

Just now, Yibbyl said:

Did anyone catch who was wide open underneath heading to the sidelines on that last pass? It looked like the jersey ended in a 9. I've replayed it several times, but can't get a clear pic. Anyway, I think that is why McCown had his head in his hands on the sidelines after that play.

Tough loss, guys. It was there for the taking - just a combination of bad calls from refs, questionable playcalling at the end of the 1st half, some time management issues, and a possible missed wide open receiver on that last offensive play. 

Cadet #39

36 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

And nothing to do with New England....

Good game guys. Sorry about that awful call. You always play us tough. 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

And nothing to do with New England....

Good game guys. Sorry about that awful call. You always play us tough. 

I'll give you these two nuggets: once again the offense saved that pitiful D from a loss and, to be fair to that D, finally getting some pressure in the 4th quarter on the QB helped.

9 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

I'll give you these two nuggets: once again the offense saved that pitiful D from a loss and, to be fair to that D, finally getting some pressure in the 4th quarter on the QB helped.

Our defense outplayed our offense yesterday. O was terrible. 

The Jet offensive did the best they could with the talent we have now. What concerns me the most is the D line just two years ago we had one of the best if not the best young D line in the NFL. I know the lose of Snacks is water under the bridge but to have a D line that after six games has not recorded one sack & give up so much running yardage up the middle of the line is a problem. We miss a young David Harris for years in his prime he was a great run stopping LB. We all have to admit we had the Pats on the ropes yesterday, we still lack the knockout punch. There is not one player on the Jets from yesterdays game that I can blame for the loss. The only player on the D line that put any kind of pressure on Brady was Ealy. In ending it seems like Bill BELICHICK is not the defensive genius any more, their defense flat out sucks. We are on the riae

My interest in the NFL is at an all time low right now. I don’t know how many more I’ll even watch this year after that garbage.

Between all the anthem BS, all the other crap that goes along with it, the team being in last place (with no QBOTF even in the plans), stars getting injured left and right, and now having a game completely changed due to a call that can be given no explanation, it doesn’t seem like the NFL is worth my time this season.

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

My interest in the NFL is at an all time low right now. I don’t know how many more I’ll even watch this year after that garbage.

Between all the anthem BS, all the other crap that goes along with it, the team being in last place (with no QBOTF even in the plans), stars getting injured left and right, and now having a game completely changed due to a call that can be given no explanation, it doesn’t seem like the NFL is worth my time this season.

You are not alone with your thinking, down he in Florida this anthem thing became a big problem for Direct TV so many people called up to cancel their Sunday ticket, so they were forced to give away all kinds of deal like me who have the Sunday ticket. After three years of Mac drafting & FA pick ups we still don't know who our QBOTF is. I have been watching the NFL since the mid fifties and never saw a call like that, at the pylon before. Giving Rodger Goodell 34 million dollars a year is a joke what has he done to deserve that much money. The NFL has had the biggest public relations hit in their history.

McCown was not as good as he looked on camera. At the game, he was missing a bunch of wide open dudes or getting it to them late. I vividly remember Kearse doing jumping jacks alone as McCown decided to pull down the ball and run instead. The Pats D is terrible and with a competent QB we would've scored 35+.

7 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

McCown was not as good as he looked on camera. At the game, he was missing a bunch of wide open dudes or getting it to them late. I vividly remember Kearse doing jumping jacks alone as McCown decided to pull down the ball and run instead. The Pats D is terrible and with a competent QB we would've scored 35+.

Very true.  Cadet was wide open on that last 4 down (right in his field view too so not sure how he missed him).  

We went toe to toe with one of the 2 best in the AFC and probably should have won.  We are obviously not contenders with our lack of offensive weapons, below average QB play and lack of rush attack but we are heading in the right direction.

We were on the wrong end of a few questionable calls (the Gronk PI was ticky tack considering he grabbed Adams as well, and the goal line was one of the worst of the year) but we never hung our heads after them and fought right to the end.  Credit needs to be given to the team because the old Jets would have let the Pats walk right down the field after that touchback.

Bowles and Mac have a vision for this team and Bowles has them playing hard and he himself is coaching well.  

We obviously need better QB play and better weapons at WR/RB (we missed Powell big time) but we are not the 0-16 team people expected.  Hopefully we can fill a few key needs and build on this season.  I feel good about this team and where they are. 

McCown blows. Everyone should know this.

They are probably drawing him up a nice little extension right now though.

Bowles also had some terrible mis management of the clock also yesterday. The guys might be playing hard (which they get paid millions to do) but that kind of crap needs to stop. It’s year 3.

Archived