No Theme Mafia - It's now Night Four - Submit moves.

Dome

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

why did you explicitly say the things you did on n0, btw?

I assume you had a reason but it seems odd to tell town straight up about the possible backup -> SK conversion & that there was no alignment cop.

Backup is an easy lolclear claim so saying that the backup might be an SK spiced up their eventual claim 

no alignment cop was to stop annoying fake red letter invests and gives the scum Rolecop a viable fake claim  with no other investigator roles present 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

maximizing kills worked!

(tk3 was one of them that was maximized)

In a town vs mafia setup like this, scum hits have a 0% chance of hitting scum barring a redirect

any town directed kill has a much higher % chance of killing scum

It's less about maximizing kills, and more about minimizing how many scum kills there are in comparison to total kills

That's not to say everyone should just use their kills willy-nilly, but once you have a pool of cleared civs, killing ANYONE outside of that pool is a positive action for town

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

you didn't think my chaotic ramblings of sociopathic paths to a 1:1 tie ratio were viable?

I'm offended

If you had a strongman in your back pocket, maybe... but when your strongmans were out and both teammates had crashed and burned I lost the faith 

Just now, Dome said:

Backup is an easy lolclear claim so saying that the backup might be an SK spiced up their eventual claim 

no alignment cop was to stop annoying fake red letter invests and gives the town Rolecop a viable fake claim  

I wouldnt necessarily call backup a lolclear claim in a game where roles aren't known. Like any other player, failure to demonstrate their ability is going to cause suspicion.

I'm not following the second thing... you think fake red-letters by scum is a powerful enough tactic to nerf specifically? How does it give town rolecop a viable fake claim?

Just now, Malfatron said:

I had so much fun on that squire exchange lol.

I was shocked at how much people fought that.. I was maybe too quick to just pile on Squire, but his IN THREAD admissions were so damning.

I would never have believed you based on this discord nonsense, but he slipped in thread and I couldn't believe people weren't biting. I think if he HARD denied from the jump he actually would have gotten away with it

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I wouldnt necessarily call backup a lolclear claim in a game where roles aren't known. Like any other player, failure to demonstrate their ability is going to cause suspicion.

Failure to demonstrate ability caused very little issue for town this game, so I believe claiming backup would’ve been no different.

also, I use backup a lot, so chances are it’s in the game. 

also, the backup gets death reveal info that nobody else does, so they could more easily clear themself with that info depending on what the deceased player had breadcrumbed about their role 

I'm not following the second thing... you think fake red-letters by scum is a powerful enough tactic to nerf specifically? How does it give town rolecop a viable fake claim?

Scum* fake claim, I didn’t mean town 

and I didn’t say powerful, I said annoying 

Edited by Dome

10 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I was SHOCKED when you claimed that..

You actually were probably okay in the sense that we had cleared town making you unlikely to be hit and waste it.. but I couldn't believe you could possibly have held on so long.. I was actually questioning in discord if you were like.. super slow rolling SK or something

I was scum and thought you were scum based on your claim and explanation lol

Lol like I said, I really did try and get a new damn one in, but I wasn’t going to say who I switched to. I really didn’t want to claim tho. I hate claiming games. I mean by day 3 all of town had claimed besides me. Pretty much believed I was fine with, at the time, “probably” only one scum left. Worst case woulda been you kill me, or I hit a town at that point.

4 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

nice hit @gopherwrestler

Came through in the clutch! :)

Lol well outside of daniel I really had no one to switch to, it was gunna be one or the other. 

Just now, Dome said:

Failure to demonstrate ability caused very little issue for town this game, so I believe claiming backup would’ve been no different.

also, I use backup a lot, so chances are it’s in the game. 

also, the backup gets death reveal info that nobody else does, so they could more easily clear themself with that info depending on what the deceased player had breadcrumbed about their role

i mean sure, but is a solid fake claim really so bad for a solo player like SK? and that does require threadplay on BSing any death reveal info, since Backup could only be converted N1.

Just now, Dome said:

Scum* fake claim, I didn’t mean town 

So you're saying lack of a town Alignment cop would strengthen the case of a scum claiming Role cop? I guess slightly, although I wouldn't assume that both couldn't be in the game.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

i mean sure, but is a solid fake claim really so bad for a solo player like SK? and that does require threadplay on BSing any death reveal info, since Backup could only be converted N1.

@Dome I don't think I would've even went for a Backup claim anyways as Serial Killer since I needed to publicly survive a lynch which isn't consistent with the normal Backup role. Not sure there was really any threat of me hiding as a Backup lol

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I was shocked at how much people fought that.. I was maybe too quick to just pile on Squire, but his IN THREAD admissions were so damning.

I would never have believed you based on this discord nonsense, but he slipped in thread and I couldn't believe people weren't biting. I think if he HARD denied from the jump he actually would have gotten away with it

totally agree that squire claiming those moves was the main reason for his lynch

I have gotten away with so much crap as scum, i thought for a bit that karma was gonna get me and i would lose that 1:1

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Lol like I said, I really did try and get a new damn one in, but I wasn’t going to say who I switched to. I really didn’t want to claim tho. I hate claiming games. I mean by day 3 all of town had claimed besides me. Pretty much believed I was fine with, at the time, “probably” only one scum left. Worst case woulda been you kill me, or I hit a town at that point.

Lol well outside of daniel I really had no one to switch to, it was gunna be one or the other. 

I want it on record that I also hate mass claiming - regardless of my alignment

Back in the days where 40% of the game was vanilla it was irrelevant and people only claiming when they had information or were in danger of being lynched - lest they be the hit targets

But its wild these days, even with provided fake claims

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I was already DOA, but you killing Daniel would have been just as much of a game ender as I no longer would have 2 viable vote candidates ahead of me

My survival predicated on you, daniel, and mwil being the next 3 votes in some order, allowing me to hit 3 of malf, orca, counselor, pickle to get to the 1:1

If you took Daniel off the table my 1% would have been a full 0% anyways

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m honestly sorry that I made you upset. That was not my intention, so I’ll own up to it. I really wanted Town to see my flip, and it became apparent after your manufactured invest that my voice was gone, especially in light of both pickle and orca tunneling on me that my death was, in my mind, the only way to help solve the game. And I’m not going to modkill myself. That’s a LOT worse

be honest.

you just wanted to salvage your death/game ratio :)