House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

Everyone is just waiting for the battles they know are coming, and they haven’t done a good job of making the stuff in between interesting.

this season has been mostly Alicent upset in KL, Rhaneyra upset sitting in DS, Dameon and weird visions

Edited by Fresh Prince

On 7/23/2024 at 9:29 AM, Jakuvious said:

For me the timing was just brutal. Chemistry is there, but having the launching off point be immediately after Mysaria was recounting being raped and mutilated by her father was very uncomfortable.

Yeah, that felt kind of gross for sure.

7 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'll watch, but they are constantly changing stuff for the worse and every time I hear the producers talk about the show after an episode it reaffirms that they don't really know or case about the source material.

This season sorely misses Paddy Considine.

I mean, the source material is an in-universe history book written 150 years after the fact. They aren't really changing much, just filling in gaps and giving context that a history book couldn't possibly have. It's definitely been hit and miss, but it hasn't all been bad.

I mean, if we're being real for a minute, Rhaenyra and the Blacks should be able to win this in no time. I mean...

Vermithor, Silverwing, Caraxes, Seasmoke, Syrax, Vermax and Moondancer should do some serious damage. Sheepstealer about to join the ranks as well. All were on Dragonstone except Caraxes, too. They should have gone after Vhagar and Aemond, especially being so far away from King's Landing. War would have essentially been over.

Edited by seminoles1

Sloooooowwwww. The whole season was just Vhager killing Meleys and everyone sitting around until the finale.

I kind of wish Vhager killed Silverwing in that final scene.

45 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, if we're being real for a minute, Rhaenyra and the Blacks should be able to win this in no time. I mean...

Vermithor, Silverwing, Caraxes, Seasmoke, Syrax, Vermax and Moondancer should do some serious damage. Sheepstealer about to join the ranks as well. All were on Dragonstone except Caraxes, too. They should have gone after Vhagar and Aemond, especially being so far away from King's Landing. War would have essentially been over.

When dragons attack, everything burns. The blacks can’t attack kings landing with their dragons. Having huge dragons with rookies, it should be just chaos. I’m sure at least one black dragon will hurt the blacks.

12 hours ago, Acgott said:

When dragons attack, everything burns. The blacks can’t attack kings landing with their dragons. Having huge dragons with rookies, it should be just chaos. I’m sure at least one black dragon will hurt the blacks.

I don't mean to attack King's Landing, but just in general on the battlefields going forward. Like...what is Cristen Cole going to do against 3 of them?

Fair point about the rookies against Vhagar/Aemond, but you have to be ready to strike if the plan works. A golden opportunity to take them out, and it was wasted.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't mean to attack King's Landing, but just in general on the battlefields going forward. Like...what is Cristen Cole going to do against 3 of them?

Fair point about the rookies against Vhagar/Aemond, but you have to be ready to strike if the plan works. A golden opportunity to take them out, and it was wasted.

I just reread your first post. Yeah, they should have needed the war long ago lol.

When we have the big battle next week in the Riverlands, the dragons are likely going to burn everything including farms, homes, and people of the Riverlands. The goal is not to have that happen, but looks to be the path now. It better be way worst than the field of fire during Aegon’s Conquest.

Im excited to see Helanea ride her dragon next week.