What does a team “going all in” look like to you?

CP3MVP

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Sure, it seems like the best time to be aggressive is either when you have a QB on a rookie deal or a ageing veteran on his last legs.

It sort of seems weird and difficult to be ultra aggressive when you have a good QB on their 2nd contract since that is likely eating up a large portion of the cap.

That's probably a good bit of why what the Rams do seems so unsettling and unusual.

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

That's probably a good bit of why what the Rams do seems so unsettling and unusual.

Yeah they are in the middle of it right now. They gave that 2nd contract to both Goff/Gurley and seemed like they really didnt want to.

When you give a big 2nd contract to a pro-bowl level QB the team I think of is the Falcons for some reason with Ryan. Your going to have your guy, but your never goinmg to have the cap flexibility to add elite talent to needy other areas of your team.

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah they are in the middle of it right now. They gave that 2nd contract to both Goff/Gurley and seemed like they really didnt want to.

When you give a big 2nd contract to a pro-bowl level QB the team I think of is the Falcons for some reason with Ryan. Your going to have your guy, but your never goinmg to have the cap flexibility to add elite talent to needy other areas of your team.

some team employee should hook the QB up with a rich super model before giving out the 2nd contract.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Bucs will almost certainly go all in in 2021.

This is what I was thinking. They weren't all in for 2020, but with so many key players becoming FAs, there's a good chance they will in 2021. Franchise tag, backloading contracts, trading picks to replace those that leave. I'm sure everything is on the table for them to try to make another run next season.

What the Rams are doing/have been doing the last few years.

The Steelers if they bring back Ben again.

The Colts if they make a big quarterback trade.

The Broncos with Manning.

Going all in doesn’t always mean mortgaging their future, but sometimes it can.