What are you thinking about?

pwny

1 hour ago, adamq said:

You haven't eaten cantaloupe until you've got one from an old farmer selling them off a state highway 

Those little road side stands have the best produce 9/10 times. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I've been sitting on this for a while but I went to Vegas earlier this month and I've decided that New Orleans is the superior party city. 

That’s a bold statement Cotton.  

I haven’t been to either but…….I’ve heard the same thing.  Just depends on how much you like/appreciate gambling.  I do want to do the RockNRoll half marathon on the Strip though.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I do want to do the RockNRoll half marathon on the Strip though.  

If I ever get back into running shape, this is a goal for me too. I'm not saying I wouldn't go back to Vegas for a specific purpose, like running their half or going to a concert like I just did. I'd be willing to back to watch a Vikings game there the next time they play there too. I just didn't get the party. Even if you're not into the partying, cajun food is better than sea of chain restaurants in Vegas. The WW2 museum is one of the best museums I've ever been to and easily worth the trip to NOLA on its own iyam.

Fwiw, my trips to New Orleans have always been the start of a longer vacation. Each of my visits, I spent a couple nights before boarding a cruise ship, it's a perfect way to pre-game a vacation but it's possible that frame of mind changes how I experienced both cities. 

• Like 2

Our roof is still tarped, but there's some spots where rain is still coming through. It's literally rained every day since probably this past Wednesday and it isn't supposed to let up until next Monday...so in between rain showers we're having to mop and Shop Vac as much as we can.

Our yard is flooded, the mosquitoes and fire ants are awful so I can't walk or let the dogs down to relieve themselves so they're having to go on the deck. Thankfully the dog treadmill comes Friday. 

The insurance guy is supposed to come this morning so hopefully once the rain stops they'll start working on getting the new roof on. To anyone considering moving to a coastal area: DON'T. 

12 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

If I ever get back into running shape, this is a goal for me too. I'm not saying I wouldn't go back to Vegas for a specific purpose, like running their half or going to a concert like I just did. I'd be willing to back to watch a Vikings game there the next time they play there too. I just didn't get the party. Even if you're not into the partying, cajun food is better than sea of chain restaurants in Vegas. The WW2 museum is one of the best museums I've ever been to and easily worth the trip to NOLA on its own iyam.

Fwiw, my trips to New Orleans have always been the start of a longer vacation. Each of my visits, I spent a couple nights before boarding a cruise ship, it's a perfect way to pre-game a vacation but it's possible that frame of mind changes how I experienced both cities. 

That race is kind of like the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Run 10k that happens here in the fall.  It’s a one-time a year thing, and if you miss it, thats it.  Granted, you can always run the strip, but it won’t be a continuous event from start to finish in a race atmosphere.  You can literally run the Bay Bridge one a year, and thats it.  A lot of people throw it all out there because it’s their 10k race of the year, I always see some good PRs from friends on that race.  

I’ll have to remember the WW2 museum, that is good to know.  I enjoy museums, and when I went to Dallas a few years ago, they have a museum for the last battle of the Civil War (after it ended) and had a lot of things on loan from other museums.  Also, have to agree on the restaurants.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I've been sitting on this for a while but I went to Vegas earlier this month and I've decided that New Orleans is the superior party city. 

Could not agree more. New Orleans food on it's own is superior to everything about Vegas.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Could not agree more. New Orleans food on it's own is superior to everything about Vegas.

What I would do for a spicy shrimp po boy at any given moment 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

but do they also have hurricanes, hand grenades, and beignets?

We just had a hurricane…and we have beignets….haven’t seen the hand grenades but we aren’t far from Houston so 

1 hour ago, Sad People said:

The wind kills our birds ladies and gentleman. 

What wind? It's all constructed by the Illuminati who controls the weather with a machine.

• Like 1