is is to early to ask for reggies head or ?

latinraraiderfan 3

2 hours ago, latinraraiderfan 3 said:

thats is semi true, i post every copuple monts but i read here every  week, good win yesterday, funny i forgot the game , i think it was on sunday , and like i said in pre season i am not going to hide at the end of the season , hope you dont too , ... for right now Go raiders !!!!

Just shows what kind of fan he is and how much we should be listening to him.

FORGOT WE WERE PLAYING THE CHIEFS ON THURSDAY!

oh-hell-no-gif-2.gif

The fickle fan base is the problem, not Reggie. No GM is perfect but RM does a fine job as our GM and there aren't many I could think of who I'd want to replace him with...They already have GM positions so hard to steal them away. Hopefully our rookie DB's get healthy and show the reasons why we went DB instead of LB early. If Melifonwu removes TE's from the passing game, I'd be stoked, even if run support suffers a bit. If Conley can stick with speedy WR's and get us some turnovers, then an excellent addition they both will be.

1 hour ago, latinraraiderfan 3 said:

the "fickle fan base"  has motives to be demanding results, we havent win a playof game since 2002, thats 15  and counting , we spend 10+ losing seasons

and we are still here, i would not reprove anithyng such a loyal fan base,  ..the problem has been up, not down ...

But your motive doesn't jive because as an overall trend Reggie has improved the team markedly. You, on the other hand, attack at any sign of non success on any level, in any aspect or position. You never come around to praise the team or GM when we win or succeed that I've witnessed (maybe I missed the ONE time or something). You're the problem and everyone that isn't you knows it.

All of us want Superbowls and dynasties just like every fan of every team. But if that is the only metric by which we judge the gm and we skip over the process of rebuilding and we expect perfection with no room for human error than it's your fault that you're always complaining. Either that or you're not a real fan, just a TROLL.

I've seen dramatic improvement in ALL ASPECTS since Al RIP. Were there missteps? Oh yes of course. We were in CAP HELL with players we had to dramatically overpay to get them to even sniff Oakland. Lynch came out of retirement and took much less money than he would have had had he never retired to come 'home' to Oakland before moving to Vegas.

Culture changed and that is proof. If we weren't contenders, he would have stayed retired. I think we got cocky and Washington put a hurting on us that was hard to get past.

Reggie learned from his first GM experiences.

JDR (Mark's hire) Also learned from the conservative approach from his stint with Jags.Those gambles last season gave us some W's that we normally wouldn't have gotten. Saints just to mention one...

Dowling is learning and I still prefer him over Musgrave and the O-cords we've had like Olsen etc...Good chemistry with Carr and not as predictable/boring as Musgrave/Olsen

I think our window with this staff is until the move to Vegas. If we're not in the AFC champ game by then I think we will see changes and that includes ownership majority.

On Defense Pags will probably take over for Norton who's a motivator more than anything but other than that I don't see much change over the next few seasons.

On 10/21/2017 at 7:59 AM, latinraraiderfan 3 said:

the "fickle fan base"  has motives to be demanding results, we havent win a playof game since 2002, thats 15  and counting , we spend 10+ losing seasons

and we are still here, i would not reprove anithyng such a loyal fan base,  ..the problem has been up, not down ...

We must define "results".  

Are results moving in a forward direction?

Are results incremental growth?

Are results overnight growth?

Are results getting to the playoffs?

Are results winning a playoff game?

Are results getting to the superbowl?

Are results securing franchise players at key positions?

Are results having back to back winning seasons? 

Every analyst, fan, professional has agreed that the Raiders have had results ever since that decade of being the worst team in the league. If these results aren't fast enough for you, that's one thing. But to imply that we haven't had results is just wrong. 

When it comes to Reggie as GM i'm kinda on the line not for good but not for bad either. I do think he gets too much credit for only one good solid draft. Yes he worked magic fixing our salary cap but most gm's can do that, just cut a bunch of bad contracts and take hits early.  Where Reggie is really bad at imo is free agency. Too many bad free agent signings. I do realize he has had some good signings in free agency but it feels like more free agents are let downs than hits.

18 hours ago, SilverLining said:

When it comes to Reggie as GM i'm kinda on the line not for good but not for bad either. I do think he gets too much credit for only one good solid draft. Yes he worked magic fixing our salary cap but most gm's can do that, just cut a bunch of bad contracts and take hits early.  Where Reggie is really bad at imo is free agency. Too many bad free agent signings. I do realize he has had some good signings in free agency but it feels like more free agents are let downs than hits.

Free Agency is more misses then hits for any team. It's rare if a great person lands in FA keep in mind that there's a reason players weren't resigned by their teams. The draft is where you find your franchise guys. Also you can't put every draft on the same level as that 2014 draft, no teams draft like that consistently but Reggie has drafted playmakers in MEJ Coop Joseph. 

On 22/10/2017 at 3:49 PM, SilverLining said:

yea this is  exactly what i think,  i think reggie has done what a minimum knowing football person haad to do , but appart from that , iv seen nothing more than that ,

On 22/10/2017 at 11:09 AM, NickButera said:

We must define "results".  

Are results moving in a forward direction?

Are results incremental growth?

Are results overnight growth?

Are results getting to the playoffs?

Are results winning a playoff game?

Are results getting to the superbowl?

Are results securing franchise players at key positions?

Are results having back to back winning seasons? 

Every analyst, fan, professional has agreed that the Raiders have had results ever since that decade of being the worst team in the league. If these results aren't fast enough for you, that's one thing. But to imply that we haven't had results is just wrong. 

i say i the begininf ot the year that for me , a result was wining a playof game , thing that reggie hasnt done, in 5 or 6 yearas , like you said the raiders have improved, how, you could not improve when you have been  a joke for a decade , lets be realistic thats the on only way to go when you are at the bottom , ...and belive or not, i suporrt the raiders, i want to be wrong, and i be the most  happy person if this year we win one playof game , ...so lets wait and see

Archived