2018 Off-season: Who Do We Keep?

BAConrad

This upcoming free agency period will be exciting for us for entirely different reasons than usual. We have a number of key players who will be free agents and who we sign won't only affect the 2018 season, but it also has significant impacts on the future of this team.

Here is each player:

WR Alshon Jeffrey (UFA)

TE Trey Burton (UFA)

HB Darren Sproles (UFA)

HB LeGarrette Blount (UFA)

HB Kenjon Barner (UFA)

OG Chance Warmack (UFA)

LB Nigel Bradham (UFA)

S Corey Graham (UFA)

DT Timmy Jernigan (UFA)

LB Najee Goode (UFA)

CB Patrick Robinson (UFA)

CB Dexter McDougle (RFA)

DB Jaylen Watkins (RFA)

DT Beau Allen (UFA)

K Jake Elliott (ERFA)

LS Rick Lovato (ERFA)

So. Who do you think we keep? Realistically of course. 

7 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

WR Alshon Jeffrey (UFA)

TE Trey Burton (UFA)

HB Darren Sproles (UFA)

HB LeGarrette Blount (UFA)

HB Kenjon Barner (UFA)

LB Nigel Bradham (UFA)

S Corey Graham (UFA)

DT Timmy Jernigan (UFA)

LB Najee Goode (UFA)

CB Patrick Robinson (UFA)

CB Dexter McDougle (RFA)

DB Jaylen Watkins (RFA)

DT Beau Allen (UFA)

K Jake Elliott (ERFA)

LS Rick Lovato (ERFA)

Something like this... Howie magic.

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Give me Jernigan, Allen. and Bradham. As real players.

Keep kid kicker and kid LS. 

So you'd be ok letting Jeffrey leave and be back to having no #1 WR?

I think we should resign:

Jeffrey (4 yrs/40 mil)

Jernigan (5 yrs/32 mil)

Bradham (4 yrs/24 mil)

Burton (2 yrs/6 mil)

Allen (2 yrs/5 mil)

Watkins (1 yr/1.5 mil)

Then we keep Lovato and Elliott, since we can offer them whatever and they have to accept, basically. 

We'd need to free up more space. We'd maybe have to either restructure Kendricks or trade/cut him if we are gonna pay Bradham.  Especially considering Hicks will need a new contract in 2019. Celek would be a likely goner.  Resigning Jernigan also would mean getting rid of Curry, which I'm ok with if it means keeping Timmy.  

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Alshon and Carson have no chemistry, I know he takes defenses attentions but meh. I honestly think at this rate he wouldn't even want to be here. 

Tend to agree. Still a long season to get acclimated. Would be awesome for them to get cerebral with each other. There'd be a huge hole to fill if he left. And not real sure we bring Torrey back either. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

Tend to agree. Still a long season to get acclimated. Would be awesome for them to get cerebral with each other. There'd be a huge hole to fill if he left. And not real sure we bring Torrey back either. 

I'm fine with torrey going. Might be looking at having to draft a receiver in the first. 

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Alshon and Carson have no chemistry, I know he takes defenses attentions but meh. I honestly think at this rate he wouldn't even want to be here. 

I disagree. 

They've played six games together...and Alshon is a key part of our offense. Without him, we aren't 5-1 right now. 

He is on pace for 75 catches 845 yds and 6 TDs. 

But that's also assuming that he doesn't get better as the year goes on and he fails to learn the playbook  or he and Carson's chemistry doesnt improve at all. And those would all be foolish assumptions. He's also going to be facing weaker corners as the year goes on, so I expect his production to improve.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm fine with torrey going. Might be looking at having to draft a receiver in the first. 

Yep. WRs are so hit and miss in the 1st round though. Think if I had my way I'd take a 3 down RB in the 1st and keep the offense for another season and see how that dynamic works out. 

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

I disagree. 

They've played six games together...and Alshon is a key part of our offense. Without him, we aren't 5-1 right now. 

He is on pace for 75 catches 845 yds and 6 TDs. 

But that's also assuming that he doesn't get better as the year goes on and he fails to learn the playbook  or he and Carson's chemistry doesnt improve at all. And those would all be foolish assumptions. He's also going to be facing weaker corners as the year goes on, so I expect his production to improve.

He came here to increase his value. I don't think 75 catches 854 yards and 6 tds is what guy had in mind. 

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Yeah let's get rid of both the WRs we just brought in who have been a big part of one of the league's best offenses.

Archived