Curtis Samuel signs with the Washington Football Panthers

turtle28

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Samuel isn't really a "WR2" in the sense though.. 

True as he’s not a WR who just stays on the outside and does nothing else.

He’s a chess piece like McKissic & Samuel is a better version of Steven Sims.

Last year Samuel had 118 touches (Rec & rushes) 1051 yds & 5 TDs

I’ll take it!

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

True as he’s not a WR who just stays on the outside and does nothing else.

He’s a chess piece like McKissic & Samuel is a better version of Steven Sims.

Last year Samuel had 118 touches (Rec & rushes) 1051 yds & 5 TDs

I’ll take it!

I love it. The new game isn’t about lining up guys that can do the things players before did. Now the more you can do the harder it is to gameplan. But this guy can catch slants curls digs and go’s. But he can do so much more. If we line him up outside predominany I’m going to be upset because with AG, McKissic and Samuel man they can really just motion and attack in so many ways. We could get a real rythm going and he has good hands. I’m excited. With these versatile pieces Teams aren’t just able to key on Terry. And I think we saw flashes when Cam Simms started to come on teams focused so much on Terry Cam showed we can make other teams pay. Now you have cam a big bodied guy and Curtis and Terry I love it. Imagine if a Terrace Marshall somehow fell to our 2nd just because the variety and different types and flavors of WR. Marshall Samuel and Terry Mac would be nuts.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I love it. The new game isn’t about lining up guys that can do the things players before did. Now the more you can do the harder it is to gameplan. But this guy can catch slants curls digs and go’s. But he can do so much more. If we line him up outside predominany I’m going to be upset because with AG, McKissic and Samuel man they can really just motion and attack in so many ways. We could get a real rythm going and he has good hands. I’m excited. With these versatile pieces Teams aren’t just able to key on Terry. And I think we saw flashes when Cam Simms started to come on teams focused so much on Terry Cam showed we can make other teams pay. Now you have cam a big bodied guy and Curtis and Terry I love it. Imagine if a Terrace Marshall somehow fell to our 2nd just because the variety and different types and flavors of WR. Marshall Samuel and Terry Mac would be nuts.

In other words, we can go as far as Scott Turner is able to take us.  

Lot of pressure on him this year and a lack of excuses.  Yeah we might just be so-so at qb, but we should be average and he has 3 qbs who all have the same skill set so we don't need to keep adjusting the game plan every week if one goes down.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

That's your boy. Gotta at least get a 3rd for the guy who is "definitely not a JAG"

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

He was a Huge disappointment last year. Certainly dropped a lot of catchable balls and didn’t nothing as a return man. 🤦‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

In other words, we can go as far as Scott Turner is able to take us.  

Lot of pressure on him this year and a lack of excuses.  Yeah we might just be so-so at qb, but we should be average and he has 3 qbs who all have the same skill set so we don't need to keep adjusting the game plan every week if one goes down.  

The pressure is for sure on Turner. And honestly last year I’m not holding a complete overhaul staff and no offseason on them. But you best believe if they come out the gate like they did it’s inexcusable. That said I know I’ve spoken it but if we go BPA early man I’d love to put Mond in the QB room. I love the players we have this early for this team I think Mond would shine with this roster

18 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Contract details finally out.  Interesting.  Backloaded.  That is two contracts we backloaded.

Cap hits:

2021 3.8M

2022 12.9M

2023 13M

I have to assume they’ll try to get a couple extensions done but we’re set to have pretty good cap space next year so that might be why they did what they did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I have to assume they’ll try to get a couple extensions done but we’re set to have pretty good cap space next year so that might be why they did what they did. 

I hope you are right.  I keep waiting to hear of these extensions.  I guess the only other explanation is they have or had (didn't work out) another big free agent target.