2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Admittedly, it's largely based on highlights.  And nobody is doubting his potential and upside.  It's as much as anyone in the draft.  But it's upside.  He's done nothing that would really push his grade up higher than it was during the draft.  I really don't believe he was a top 3 prospect for you pre-draft.

100% he was. i posted rankings back on the old forum somewhere and had numerous debates about him, mitchell, tatum, frank being better than the rap they were getting & jackson/lonzo/collins/etc. being not as good that most folks could probably attest to that post regularly on here. i just don't agree w/ your rationale at all man. that it's just "upside." i feel like we've already had this debate though on players that get that "pure upside" label. and no, he hasn't done anything to push his stock higher... i know it's "largely based on highlights" because if you had the chance to catch a couple games I think you'd understand the magnitude to which he affects games & the offensive flashes he shows. i don't wanna make this a fan hyping a guy that's on the team he cheers for because it always sounds ridiculous and homeristic (fake word?). so in this case it sucks he's on the team i root for lol. but yeah, no i didn't just conjure up this high opinion of him after ORL drafted him. 

43 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

nah i dont think so. RIIIGHT outside. my feelings really haven't changed that much since pre-draft. he's obviously one of the big exceptions.
1) Markelle Fultz
2) Jayson Tatum
3) Jonathan Isaac
4) Donovan Mitchell
5) De'Aaron Fox
6) Frank Ntilikina
7) Lauri Markkanen
8) Dennis Smith Jr.
9) OG Anunoby
10) Josh Jackson

would go Fultz, Tatum, Fox, Isaac, DSJ, Josh Jackson, Markkanen, 

not sure after that. Haven't paid attention to a second of Frank's game ever but supposedly playing good D and sucking offensively. Every time I watch Mitchell he is just chucking and missing most of the time.

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Haven't paid attention to a second of Frank's game ever but supposedly playing good D and sucking offensively. Every time I watch Mitchell he is just chucking and missing most of the time.

sensational D man.. evidenced by his box score. really just doing exactly what he was doing overseas except shot's not going & he reacts to things way to slowly offensively. he's a legit piece for NY iyam. honestly kinda thought mitchell would chill in his rookie year w/ the gunning, but i think he's gonna put it together and be crazy good. couple that w/ his ridiculous D and he's easily one of the most impactful pieces in this class. Team Mitchell & Team Smart til death tbh. 

11 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

and now that i peep back at my rankings i had ike anigbogu really high and completely forgot about him. i still think he's gonna be good too. and i had cameron oliver really high too. once someone signs him i swear to god man lol.

2017-08-10-TJ-Leaf-at-rookie-photo-shoot

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

2017-08-10-TJ-Leaf-at-rookie-photo-shoot

i liked leaf too, he's been solid. thought he was better than lydon, kuzma, wilson, collins, etc. looking it up now i had PF's

1) Jonathan Isaac PF 
2) Cameron Oliver PF 
3) Lauri Markkanen PF 
4) Jordan Bell PF 
5) TJ Leaf PF 
6) Alec Peters PF 
7) Caleb Swanigan PF 
Cool John Collins PF 
9) Jonah Bolden PF 
10) Kyle Kuzma PF 
11) Ivan Rabb PF 
12) DJ Wilson PF 
13) Tyler Lydon PF 
14) Johnathan Motley PF

8 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

nah i dont think so. RIIIGHT outside. my feelings really haven't changed that much since pre-draft. he's obviously one of the big exceptions.

1) Markelle Fultz
2) Jayson Tatum
3) Jonathan Isaac
4) Donovan Mitchell
5) De'Aaron Fox
6) Frank Ntilikina
7) Lauri Markkanen
8) Dennis Smith Jr.
9) OG Anunoby
10) Josh Jackson

That's what you would have gone with at the time of the draft or now? 

Either way, Lonzo definitely going top 10. That's blasphemous not to have him there. 

But this is good looking draft. Going to look even better in a year or so when Jackson starts to shine and Fultz gets his shoulder right. 

I only caught the Dubs game from the mid 3rd quarter yesterday but Durant started 0-8 and still finished 50% from the field? Unreal......

Kerr not playing Bell for those couple of games was criminal. McCaw is in the rotation now to which is good to see.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's what you would have gone with at the time of the draft or now? 

Either way, Lonzo definitely going top 10. That's blasphemous not to have him there. 

But this is good looking draft. Going to look even better in a year or so when Jackson starts to shine and Fultz gets his shoulder right. 

now. if it was draft time that list would be even more blasphemous to yall probably tbh

Archived