2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

38 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Ben Simmons has not made a 3 point shot this season????

I mean imagine when he starts to develop that?

It may be recency bias and I could be forgetting a completely obvious duo, but has there ever been a better duo of players THIS YOUNG? In the last 25 years?

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

A couple things.

The Sixers are 1 game from not even being in the playoffs (if the playoffs started now).
Sam Hinkie quit, he wasn't fired.
The one player that puts them potentially better than a mediocre playoff team (the whole point of the process was because they didn't want to be a mediocre playoff team) has played 40 games in 4 years and still has playing time restrictions. 

Right...

23 minutes ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

I mean imagine when he starts to develop that?

It may be recency bias and I could be forgetting a completely obvious duo, but has there ever been a better duo of players THIS YOUNG? In the last 25 years?

Off the top of my head...

Shaq and Penny
Durant and Westbrook
Vince and McGrady were 1 year away...stupid McGrady.

But that's really it that I can think of right now.  They are special.

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Off the top of my head...

Shaq and Penny
Durant and Westbrook
Vince and McGrady were 1 year away...stupid McGrady.

But that's really it that I can think of right now.  They are special.

Yeah Shaq and Penny is one I forgot.

Durant and Westbrook too, but Simmons and Embiid are seriously as polished as ten year vets (for as much as I've seen from Simmons). Westbrook oozed with talent but he was such an inefficient chucker at that age.

T-Mac was my favorite player as a kid. I really wish we could have seen him and Vince for many years.

It's ridiculous when you realize they still have Saric and Fultz (let's see how he develops), a monster glue guy in Covington who can score 20 on any night, and then another top 3 pick in Okafor just rotting on the bench. TJ McConnell is really nice too. And then Richaun Holmes as a 3rd or 4th big.

So what are the 76ers waiting for in trading Okafor? Why not just take whatever they could get at this point? I mean good luck asking for more than a 2nd rounder and some fillers for a guy you haven't played for two consecutive seasons. Don't think it's fair for Okafor to be put in this position either. Time to move on for both parties.

76ers are obviously going to be a major problem, but they are doing this with getting NOTHING from two guys taken in the top 2 recently. Okafor is completely out of the rotation and Fultz is injured. Once Fultz returns and hopefully regains his jump shot, that's going to help solidify the 2nd unit to the point they could at least some what hold their own with Embiid on the bench. 

Archived