2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

What about my post said otherwise? Lol, I said they have no one to slow LeBron down as their best defender gets out muscled. It will be a competitive series either way.

you said the celtics have no one to offer resistance to lebron. apparently, they do. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

you said the celtics have no one to offer resistance to lebron. apparently, they do. 

What does what they do against other teams/players have to do with what they can do against LeBron? Celtics are great defensively, just don't have anyone to slow LeBron down. Both could be true....

What does what they do against other teams/players have to do with what they can do against LeBron? Celtics are great defensively, just don't have anyone to slow LeBron down. Both could be true....

come on dude, this sounds silly. the celtics, with literally nearly everyone on their team being ranked in the top 10 defensive players, can't slow down lebron? it ain't one on one. it's not like that team has anyone that scares you beside lebron unless IT comes back at full strength and we don't know how that will add up yet 

1 minute ago, tonyto36 said:

The Celtics offense is going to cost them stinkers along the way.

But the C's defense is going to be there every game.  Tonight was a big sign that there isn't an offense in the NBA that can consistently score 100 on the Celtics.  

And lets not act like the Celtics offense won't improve.  Brown post all star game was much better.  I expect to see Stevens open up the playbook and Tatum will be similarly better.   Not to mention Kyrie gets healthy and acclimated.

If the offense improves then obviously that be great. But I wouldn't be too sure of that. They just don't have another playmaker and their young guys will struggle from time to time.

But yes, I have said numerous times already the defense will keep them in the game. They are tough mentally and erase a double digit deficit like nothing. Already have come back three times down big this season against the Cavs/Thunder/Warriors. 

3 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

come on dude, this sounds silly. the celtics, with literally nearly everyone on their team being ranked in the top 10 defensive players, can't slow down lebron? it ain't one on one. it's not like that team has anyone that scares you beside lebron unless IT comes back at full strength and we don't know how that will add up yet 

Definitely no guarantee I.T. comes back to full strength. If he's not close to 100%, Cavs may not even make it to the ECFs.

But I don't know why you keep saying it sounds silly they can't slow LeBron down lol. Brown gets dominated by him, that's a fact. But last meeting Morris didn't play and he may be the guy that gives him some fits.

Definitely no guarantee I.T. comes back to full strength. If he's not close to 100%, Cavs may not even make it to the ECFs.

But I don't know why you keep saying it sounds silly they can't slow LeBron down lol. Brown gets dominated by him, that's a fact. But last meeting Morris didn't play and he may be the guy that gives him some fits.

because if lebron averages 35-7-6, does it even matter? best coach in the league with a group an elite defensive grouping against an older lebron without much help? that said, if IT is ready and healthy and playing well, I don't see how the Celtics beat him. He's got too much ANGER

Archived