2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

39 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Horford didn't even guard TT usually.  He mostly guarded Love.

The whole Celtics defense was always compromised because they were bending themselves into knots trying to help IT.

Lebron is still a great defender when he tries, but he can't guard everyone, and I don't think he's capable of guarding at an elite level and carry and offense for an entire game anymore.

The big saving grace for the Cavaliers is that the Celtics' shooting can go through some really brutal stretches, but if Tatum/Jaylen continue to improve, it doesn't matter if Lebron eliminates Kyrie.

I don't think he is referring to LeBron guarding Kyrie, as he can't. What he is saying is, LeBron will try to get Kyrie on a switch on every pick and roll or run all the actions towards him. He did that against Curry a few years ago and did so with I.T. last year. 

I think it's pretty obvious that we were right and Kyrie is a MASSIVE upgrade over IT. I liked IT but the dude was a complete liability to blow a big defensive play or take a risky shot when you just needed to keep things steady. Kyrie has a better sense about the game and his defense has been much better. 

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

I think it's pretty obvious that we were right and Kyrie is a MASSIVE upgrade over IT. I liked IT but the dude was a complete liability to blow a big defensive play or take a risky shot when you just needed to keep things steady. Kyrie has a better sense about the game and his defense has been much better. 

Kyrie has been unreal. A legit two way player.

Archived