2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

If you're the Lakers and you have commitments from LeBron James, Paul George, and Dewayne Dedmon, obviously they would have to trade Clarkson and Deng.  While Clarkson would be easy enough to trade if he keeps his play up, Deng would be harder to get rid of because obviously a team would demand a good asset with him.  If said team insisted on Brandon Ingram or Kyle Kuzma, who do you trade?

49 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If you're the Lakers and you have commitments from LeBron James, Paul George, and Dewayne Dedmon, obviously they would have to trade Clarkson and Deng.  While Clarkson would be easy enough to trade if he keeps his play up, Deng would be harder to get rid of because obviously a team would demand a good asset with him.  If said team insisted on Brandon Ingram or Kyle Kuzma, who do you trade?

I think the only iteration that would require them to deal Deng is if they're trying to make a play for that 3rd star.  I believe (but don't quote me on it), I think if they salary dump Clarkson and stretch Deng they'd have enough cap space to sign both LeBron James and Paul George.  So...in that case, would you rather have Dewayne Dedmon for Brandon Ingram or Kyle Kuzma?  Nope.  Eric Pincus actually put out kind of an eye-opening article a few weeks ago.  The Lakers could extend Deng's contract with an extra unguaranteed year and then stretch him in the offseason.  That'd take his cap hit from ~$7.4M to $3.3M, but spread over 11 years instead of 5.  They'd essentially be using up future cap space to create more cap space this offseason.  Would Deng agree to this?  Probably since it'd make it easier for the Lakers to waive him and he'd go off to sign with another team.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2743657-to-make-room-for-2-stars-lakers-should-give-luol-deng-an-extension-seriously

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Ingram. 

Also, never thought I would hear Dedmon in the same sentence as Lebron and PG. 

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Dude is 14 of 27. It might not be great percentage wise, but I don't think that's exactly hurting the Sixers at this point.

They are going on 12 straight possessions of it and have actually made a decent come back this quarter.

EDIT: might have been 11 straight

Just now, grubs10 said:

They are going on 12 straight possessions of it and have actually made a decent come back this quarter.

Yeah, I've been monitoring the game for fantasy purposes. Was surprised to see it was so close in the fourth, but looks like the comeback was pretty much keyed by the bench.

Just now, IrishGreen said:

how tf was that porzingis injury negative? don't get me wrong, i'm happy he's good to go, but it looks like he busted that ish up real good

The picture I saw just made it seem like a badly rolled ankle. Not to say it won't be significantly swollen the next day, but doesn't necessarily mean anythings broken.

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

Yeah, I've been monitoring the game for fantasy purposes. Was surprised to see it was so close in the fourth, but looks like the comeback was pretty much keyed by the bench.

Beal has made some nice shots as well

Archived