2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 hour ago, Darkness said:

Durant’s become a great defender and has the physical tools to be the best, but his IQ and consistency needs to continue to improve. Last season he had too many lapses where he didn’t rotate playing help D, or try to contest shots in the paint when he did. Having watched 3 extremely high IQ defenders for the Warriors in Green, Bogut, and Iguodala, you notice where Durant stands to improve. Those guys think 3 steps ahead defensively and are rarely out of place. With more time in the Warriors system learning from Draymond, Durant has the chance to become the best if he continues to take pride on that end. 

He does get lazy a bit when in help side and last year allowed so many back door cuts for lay ups/dunks. Durant has done better in that area this season, and overall has been a very good defensive player. Should be 1st or 2nd team all defense. 

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I hate Ginobli more than any player in the nba other than draymond. i dont know why people like him.

I used to hate him, but at some point you just gotta appreciate greatness. I used to hate Dirk and Timmy as well and eventually you just gotta be like these dudes are amazing. 

Harden is like a souped up Manu as well tbh 

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He does get lazy a bit when in help side and last year allowed so many back door cuts for lay ups/dunks. Durant has done better in that area this season, and overall has been a very good defensive player. Should be 1st or 2nd team all defense. 

Yeah. I thought he was worthy of all defense consideration last season before he got injured. I think he'll definitely get voted on this year. He's a beast.

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

crazy we came back and won..this team is amazing

Yeah, rockets teams in the past couldn't have done this. You could see the CP3 effect. Last 5 years and Harden has the all the entire last 5 minutes. Tonight he was able to take offensive possessions off. Made a huge difference. 

Moute/Tucker/Ariza/Harden/CP3 is a great small ball line up. Has to be the best in the league behind the warriors death line up. 

11 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

More like Stotts is an idiot. He took out his two best rim protectors and that's when ya'll made your comeback. Nobody could stay in front of Haren and there was no help defense. Lay up after lay up.

There's nothing you can do with all 37%+ 3PT shooters on the court.  Stotts actually had the right idea he just doesn't have the personnel to execute it because Harden is so damn good 1 on 1.  Have to pick your poison.

On 12/9/2017 at 12:24 PM, tonyto36 said:

Cavs suck.

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner on this, I was depressed in the midst of a one game losing streak. Fortunately I’m back riding the high of a one game winning streak!

btw for those counting at home, we’re 1-1 in the last two games. Should put us at right around a .500 team the rest of the way. 

Archived