2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

32 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

At what point do we think about moving on from Malone?

I think he's out 100% if they miss the playoffs. Can't see him getting fired otherwise though. I'd love to see them move on to a guy that could take them to the next step, but they still just need to make the playoffs at this point and I think Malone can handle that. 

He takes the most blame for leaving that lineup in there to close out and all of OT. On the other hand, the guys just needed one more shot to fall in that last two minutes to win it and they didn't get it to drop. Super disappointing loss, one that does not happen if either Jokic or Millsap were out there to close. 

35 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I think he's out 100% if they miss the playoffs. Can't see him getting fired otherwise though. I'd love to see them move on to a guy that could take them to the next step, but they still just need to make the playoffs at this point and I think Malone can handle that. 

He takes the most blame for leaving that lineup in there to close out and all of OT. On the other hand, the guys just needed one more shot to fall in that last two minutes to win it and they didn't get it to drop. Super disappointing loss, one that does not happen if either Jokic or Millsap were out there to close. 

I would agree he's out if they miss the playoffs. I could still see him go even if they do make it and the team flops. If there is a premier coach out there I'd hope they consider it regardless of the end result. He's definitely like a John Fox type of a coach, instill heart and dedication to a young team. His lineups and adjustments are pretty trash imo. I also thought he handled the Nurk situation badly too.

I knew we lost when we had back to back turnovers with a minute to go. This team is so damn careless with the ball with or without Jokic.

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Funny how when they leave OKC they play great but when George and Melo come they play terrible with Westbrook.  #notmymvp  #yeahimpetty

Its true. Leave OKC and you get a lot better

Harden becomes the best guard in the game

Durant wins a ring

Oladipo probably wins MIP

Lamb even doing his thing now

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Its true. Leave OKC and you get a lot better

Harden becomes the best guard in the game

Durant wins a ring

Oladipo probably wins MIP

Lamb even doing his thing now

That all happened because they got away from Russell Westbrook? 

James Harden was an ultra talented player who was behind both Durant and Westbrook as the third option on the team.  Leaving the Thunder in general really helped him.

Kevin Durant won a ring with one of the greatest teams ever, who had already won without him.

Oladipo still needs to go the entire season.  We're not even half-way through yet.

I'm not a huge Westbrook guy and I've gone on record with that in the past, but everything you typed above isn't solely because of Westbrook.

42 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So who looks worse now. OKC for the way they misused dipo or Orlando for trading dipo,sibonis for a half a year of ibaka?

Idk, I think this is one of those situations where you just gotta give Oladipo credit for improving rather than blaming his previous situations. He looks like a completely different player and it's really impressive. 

I guess Orlando, bc that trade was obviously a head scratcher,  but the guy just took a while to improve and it is what it is 

48 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Idk, I think this is one of those situations where you just gotta give Oladipo credit for improving rather than blaming his previous situations. He looks like a completely different player and it's really impressive. 

I guess Orlando, bc that trade was obviously a head scratcher,  but the guy just took a while to improve and it is what it is 

I know he did improve but those teams did a terrible job with him. He’s basically played 4 on 5 offense his entire career. He had Peyton in Orlando who was useless without the ball and in OKC Russ would just stand 3 feet away from the 3 point line with his hands on his hips when he didn’t have the ball. Indy could really build something special with him as long as he and Turner keep improving. 

I think it is obvious Dipo has gotten a lot better, but is also been given the opportunity to fulfill his potential. That was never going to happen in OKC playing alongside Westbrook. It may have worked out, if they had a better offensive system. But as for what team should feel the worse about giving up on Dipo? Easily the Magic. The Thunder got rid of him for Paul George who has a bigger impact next to Westbrook than Dipo did. The Magic are a bad team that needs all the talent they could get. They made that trade for Ibaka and shipped him out at the trade deadline. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think it is obvious Dipo has gotten a lot better, but is also been given the opportunity to fulfill his potential. That was never going to happen in OKC playing alongside Westbrook. It may have worked out, if they had a better offensive system. But as for what team should feel the worse about giving up on Dipo? Easily the Magic. The Thunder got rid of him for Paul George who has a bigger impact next to Westbrook than Dipo did. The Magic are a bad team that needs all the talent they could get. They made that trade for Ibaka and shipped him out at the trade deadline. 

I think traditionally big/athletic guards take longer to find their way in the NBA. It's why I think Mudiay may turn out well, but possibly not until he gets onto another team. I don't think change of scenery should be overlooked when looking at guys improving later in their careers, either. It's tough to kill the Magic for not being more patient, but that was a bad trade for sure. 

Archived