2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

24 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Is Mirotic getting suspended when he gets back? The reports I've seen say he went at Portis twice before Portis dropped him.

Having a broken face, and having to sit out while he heals, is probably enough. 

But for my rooting interests, hopefully.

8 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

You say its not insulting but continuing to insinuate that Jaylen Browns absolute peak is a "great role player" is pretty insulting lol

Did not say absolute peak. Said elite role player. Come on, man.

1 minute ago, utley4568 said:

Did not say absolute peak. Said elite role player. Come on, man.

I mean ceiling...peak...same thing.

Elite role player is still pretty insulting for a former #3 overall pick after the game he just had, but I digress. What even is an elite role player? Eric Gordon? Draymond Green? Such a broad term.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

I mean ceiling...peak...same thing.

Elite role player is still pretty insulting for a former #3 overall pick after the game he just had, but I digress. What even is an elite role player? Eric Gordon? Draymond Green? Such a broad term.

My issue was with the word absolute. And the third pick in the NBA draft is not like it's a guaranteed star. He was the third pick in a weak draft, and is likely going to exceed the expectations of that.

And I already said, I consider Klay Thompson an elite role player. I'm not saying he's going to be Klay either, but Klay is THE elite role player.

The type of role for Brown, is one where he's not a ball handler, but could be a very good shooter off the catch and elite defender, while being a good off ball cutter.

2 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

So with this exception can the celtics snag a forward from the nuggets maybe?

don't think they will be looking

morris (when he gets back), Tatum, Smart, Brown, and Semi seem like they can get the job done. maybe add a short term player until morris gets back

9 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Considering Klay Thompson an elite role player is odd. He's an All Star and a top 3 SG in the league. I guess you just have a very odd definition of "elite role player".

I mean, do you want Klay to be a primary or secondary ball handler on your team? He's a very average passer too. He's elite off the ball, an elite shooter, and an elite defender. That's what makes him great. 

Archived