2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

4 hours ago, BackfieldBlitz said:

.... really?

You guys are getting hyped from an increase in FG% of 37%-43% and an increase of 3pt% of 29%-33% (still bad guard percentages) but when I say he mostly just increased his volume by more than tripling his FGA I'm the weirdo?

..... ok?

His eFG% is still only 46%...

But his increases are the same amount as Victor. Is Victor increases all because of volume to. If that the case Aaron gordon should win most improved. Just cause they are 4 or 5 year players who played more than Dunn so their starting point was higher. We not even taking into account his defense either. And let' be honest, his fg  and efg would be higher if he wasn't such a terrible 3 point shooter. 

6 hours ago, BackfieldBlitz said:

.... really?

You guys are getting hyped from an increase in FG% of 37%-43% and an increase of 3pt% of 29%-33% (still bad guard percentages) but when I say he mostly just increased his volume by more than tripling his FGA I'm the weirdo?

..... ok?

His eFG% is still only 46%...

That's fine, but you said he didn't increase his efficiency and only increased his volume.  He increased his efficiency and volume dramatically, and that's good.

PER up from 8.1 to 14.9
TS% up from 43.2% to 48.2%
RB% up from 7.3 to 8.6
AST% up from 19.4 to 34.4
STL% up from 3.0 to 3.4 (leads the NBA)
TOV% down from 20.8 to 17.7

Efficiency up literally across the board.  I don't have a dog in this fight about who should win MIP, but you were just straight up wrong about Dunn.

To be fair, Dunn went from being one of the worst players in the league to being pretty average. And that's a solid jump, just not enough to be MIP.

Dipo is the clear winner and I like the Gordon choice as #2. 

Since we all agree Durant is the leading candidate for DPOY or at least top 2-3, has he done enough to get on the 1st team All NBA? 

11 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Me too.  Should add to the wing depth.  I wish they sign a PG like Barbosa.  I don't like Briante Weber getting minutes.

I thought the Celtics found something with him when they played him as their small ball 4. He looked really good. I’d play him there. With cp3 and harden getting him the ball he could get a lot of open shots. Just can’t play a lick of d. 

27 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I thought the Celtics found something with him when they played him as their small ball 4. He looked really good. I’d play him there. With cp3 and harden getting him the ball he could get a lot of open shots. Just can’t play a lick of d. 

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

Just call Giannis or KD a center lol

I said at the beginning of the season that they just need to get rid of positions on the All-NBA teams.  It should be the 5 best players regardless of position so this crap doesn't keep happening.

Archived