2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

PG is hands down OKCs best player 

LMAOOOOO son stop it. After slandering him yesterday, now he's better than Brodie? Gtfoh.....

Yesterday was actually EXACTLY why PG is in the perfect situation. He was 6-13 from down town while being 3-10 from 2 pt range. When his three ball isn't falling, he's prone to inconsistent stretches that he's had for his entire career. But it won't matter as much in OKC with Westbrook who will be a lot more consistent than him. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LMAOOOOO son stop it. After slandering him yesterday, now he's better than Brodie? Gtfoh.....

Yesterday was actually EXACTLY why PG is in the perfect situation. He was 6-13 from down town while being 3-10 from 2 pt range. When his three ball isn't falling, he's prone to inconsistent stretches that he's had for his entire career. But it won't matter as much in OKC with Westbrook who will be a lot more consistent than him. 

Shut up Jay he's my baby and mine only..

btw, he's having his second kid with his baby momma.. and I wouldn't blame him.. She's fuego. 

41 minutes ago, 49er pride said:

I mean what did he drastically improve in? He still can't shoot, struggles finishing with his off hand, constantly stops the flow of the offense, still has tunnel vision,

Go to 49:41 for Nance and 1:13:15 for Randle.

They go into far greater detail then I care to get into right now.

Besides, it's a good listen.

16 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

ah I see Westbrook padding them stats again.

There has never been, in the history of basketball, a team that has every big man on the team run away from rebounds so that the PG can pad his stats. If you watch any other team the PG will stand there on uncontested rebounds and wait for a big to grab it and hand it to them. I cant believe MVP voters were so taken by his rebounding numbers that they gave an award to a 6th seed player.

having said that, adding PG and Melo to the Thunder looks legit. The bench is absolutely terrible, but the starting 5 is really solid. Only have to defend 4 of them, but they are some really good offensive players. 

i think they are a top 3 seed. Problem is that there are 4 teams that look like legit top 3 seeds. It means the warriors after a round 1 bye week will most likely get either the Spurs, Thunder or Rockets. at least they will have to earn it more this year. I doubt they run 16-0, maybe 16-3 or something like that. 

Damn, this doesn't look like a guy who is going to play anytime soon. Probably a week or two still away from returning?

As for Westbrook, he won't be able to pad his stats with this team. There are benefits of letting him be the one to get the rebound as he is able to push the ball off the board. But last year at times it was embarrassing what their bigs were doing.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

ah I see Westbrook padding them stats again.

Not really. He was shooting less because of PG and Melo and he was ripping down some contested rebounds. Think he went up against Kanter and Kristaps 3-4 different times and either got the rebound or stopped them from getting it.

Archived