2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

8 hours ago, El ramster said:

Don’t the pacers have the tie breaker over Phil’s? 

Yeah they do. Pacers are 2-1 against the Sixers so far.

Of the Pacers, Cavs, and Sixers, the Pacers have the toughest remaining schedule. Doesn't mean they can't get to the 3 seed but I think they have the toughest path.

Here's their remaining schedule:

at Sacramento, at Clippers, at Denver, vs. Golden State, at Toronto, at Charlotte, vs. Charlotte.

It's not impossible for them to win out and for the Sixers and Cavs to lose a couple and for the Pacers to get the 3 seed but here's the Sixers schedule in comparison:

vs. New York, at Atlanta, at Charlotte, vs. Brooklyn, at Detroit, vs. Cleveland, vs. Dallas, at Atlanta, vs. Milwaukee

1 minute ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Rare cases? 

I guess rare isn't the right word, but obviously in a lot of cases you'll see guys get big bucks and then kind of coast. He's improved significantly IMO. Defense went from decent-good to DPOY worthy. Offensive game is much smoother and efficient. He's been fun to watch.

Who's everyones top 5 for DPOY right now? 

I've got Gobert/AD/Horford/Embiid all kind of in a cluster right now. Feel like Jrue should finish top 5. 

Why the hell does making the playoffs matter so much for the 6th man of the year? If matters for MVP, but 6th man of the year? Are you kidding me? And the Clippers have overachieved regardless if they make the playoffs in large part due to the play of Lou Williams. 

Embiid is the best defensive player in the league imho. He is insane. Would be Gobert for DPOY if he had played enough games. Tough call on that one this year, tbh. I have no idea

Toronto's bench is fantastic, btw. They pretty much closed the Nuggets out. Jokic was gassed on 40 minutes at the end of the game on a b2b and their bench guys were flying all over the place. Story of the nuggets season though, they needed Jokic on the floor to be good. +4 with Jokic in 40 minutes, -8 in the 8 minutes he sat. 

DPOY is coming down to Embiid or Gobert for sure, but probably goes to Gobert. He's been close to winning it in the past and like last year with Green, it just may be his time. The Jazz defense since his return has been insane, but I guess the same could be said about the 76ers defense when Embiid is on the floor.

MVP- Harden

DPOY- Gobert

6th man- Williams

MIP- Oladipo

EOY- Morey

COTY- Casey (Though I think McMillan deserves more love than he is getting)

I feel confident on almost all of them aside from COTY and possibly DPOY if it goes to Embiid. 

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

This LMA injury news when he get his MRI could make or break the Spurs chances at making the playoffs.

If he is out for a bit, then any chance of Kawhi returning is over. 

Now the question becomes does Kawhi sign the super max in the offseason or not? If not, you would think he is on his way out right? 

Stephen Jackson said a few days ago he knows how they operate in SA, and it was Pop who called for the "players only" meeting to call out Kawhi. He said Parker/Ginobili would never do that on their own but did it because Pop ordered them to do so. The quotes from Parker/Ginobili after the meeting make more sense now. 

What a weird weird situation. 

Archived