2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

Jokic and Millsap combined for 61/26/10 last night. What I envisioned them being is sort of coming to life. Millsap is looking healthier too. It obviously might be a little too late, but it's fun to see that they could be a huge problem next year. 

Here's the thing about Anderson - he's going to be nowhere close to as valuable as he is in Houston anywhere else. That's the best possible place for him. No way someone is paying that guy 20m unless they are getting a significant asset. Anything is possible, but no one is going to expect Anderson to play better than he is right now and he's not worth 20m right now. 

25 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Well, yeah, but Houston wouldn't do that because it's two bad contracts for one. Kind of a lateral move.

I would do it. Both of those guys would fit with us really well and trading either one of them is easier than trading Anderson 

41 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Jokic and Millsap combined for 61/26/10 last night. What I envisioned them being is sort of coming to life. Millsap is looking healthier too. It obviously might be a little too late, but it's fun to see that they could be a huge problem next year. 

Milsap the last five games is averaging 20/7/3 on 59/45/66 shooting splits. Dude is good and it sucks he missed the amount of time he did. It also sucks at times watching him give multiple efforts on the defensive end only to result in a easy bucket lol. You know it must kill him seeing this team be so bad defensively. 

12 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

morey traded nothing to get cp3.  like i said,  never underestimate morey.  

The Clippers could either lose CP3 for nothing, or deal him to Houston.  I know you're a big fan of Morey, but take a step back.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Milsap the last five games is averaging 20/7/3 on 59/45/66 shooting splits. Dude is good and it sucks he missed the amount of time he did. It also sucks at times watching him give multiple efforts on the defensive end only to result in a easy bucket lol. You know it must kill him seeing this team be so bad defensively. 

Yeah, for sure lol. The team only has a couple plus defenders and Harris has been out for the last 8 games. 

Malone benched Plumlee last night and used Millsap at small ball center and a bunch of Lyles and Hernangomez. Worked really well at points. Just bummed me out that Millsap and Hernangomez pretty much had lost seasons. 

15 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah, for sure lol. The team only has a couple plus defenders and Harris has been out for the last 8 games. 

Malone benched Plumlee last night and used Millsap at small ball center and a bunch of Lyles and Hernangomez. Worked really well at points. Just bummed me out that Millsap and Hernangomez pretty much had lost seasons. 

Milsap could play some small ball center. I believe he did that at spurts in Atlanta. But overall the team just doesn't have enough good defenders. Need to address that in the offseason. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Maybe but even that finding a 3rd or 4th team to flip those two guys to will be easy 

If the Bucks could salary dump John Henson, don't you think they would have done so already?  I mean, I'm not going to pretend that Henson isn't probably more moveable given that he's due less but the notion that he can be flipped to a 3rd team with no notable assets attached to them isn't realistic IMO.  Best case scenario, you're sending Anderson to the Bucks, Henson and your 2019 1st to 3rd team, and that 3rd team sends a 2019 expiring to you.  I don't believe you'll end up getting cap space for Anderson.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If the Bucks could salary dump John Henson, don't you think they would have done so already?  I mean, I'm not going to pretend that Henson isn't probably more moveable given that he's due less but the notion that he can be flipped to a 3rd team with no notable assets attached to them isn't realistic IMO.  Best case scenario, you're sending Anderson to the Bucks, Henson and your 2019 1st to 3rd team, and that 3rd team sends a 2019 expiring to you.  I don't believe you'll end up getting cap space for Anderson.

It's a lot of moving parts, and I think people are well aware that IF a GM could pull it off its probably Morey. It's still a very tough move to make and it'll require multiple teams being on board with taking the Rockets scraps basically.

Archived