Miami Sign DL Adam Butler (2 Years)

goldfishwars

38 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Eh we took Davin, they take Adam. Davin is slightly better, but Butler is a better penetrator on obvious passing downs 

Godchaux also got over double the money that Butler did.  Hard to be unhappy with this as a Fins fan.

Edit:  My bad.  Not over double.  $8 million per for Godchaux and $4.5 million per for Butler.  

Edited by hrubes20

9 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Godchaux also got over double the money that Butler did.  Hard to be unhappy with this as a Fins fan.

Edit:  My bad.  Not over double.  $8 million per for Godchaux and $4.5 million per for Butler.  

Is this not surreal to see Miami making value signings while New England is on a spending spree? It's a bizarro flip-flopped world

• Like 1

Surprised it took Flores so long to find that type of 6-5 clever interior pass rusher. Exactly what the Dolphins needed. Everyone else is either more squat like Wilkins and Seiler, or taller and stationary like Raekwon Davis. Butler will be an ideal replacement for Davis on passing downs. Given the acquisition of McKinney and now Butler it's obvious that Flores wants to crash the interior to force quicker decisions and make the opponent earn it.

With quarterbacks getting rid of the ball quicker it's steadily less of an edge rusher league. They still have some games in which everything will unfold favorably and rack up the stats, but so far the public and media haven't grasped the inevitability of the shift. Guys like Chaisson will be less coveted.

I think the Patriots will like Godchaux. He showed some pass rush and penetrating ability as a rookie then it wasn't as evident once he was asked to become a run stopper, especially after Vincent Taylor was released. 

11 minutes ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Surprised it took Flores so long to find that type of 6-5 clever interior pass rusher. Exactly what the Dolphins needed. Everyone else is either more squat like Wilkins and Seiler, or taller and stationary like Raekwon Davis. Butler will be an ideal replacement for Davis on passing downs. Given the acquisition of McKinney and now Butler it's obvious that Flores wants to crash the interior to force quicker decisions and make the opponent earn it.

I'm still curious about DT Benito Jones, as UDFA he had almost zero impact in his rookie year. Hoping for a Year 2 jump rather than off the roster. 

4 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Godchaux's cap hit is actually just 4 mil