Chiefs sign G Kyle Long

RaidersAreOne

Up to $5 million would mean the deal has incentives based on playing time...IIRC the charge for the year includes total amount this year and then whatever incentives not met are rolled over to next year off of that cap, is that correct? If so, not sure why we allocated $5 million this year in cap for a guard coming out of retirement. I am getting worried that they might be looking at Thuney as a left tackle.

Edited by nicfre2011

18 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Howie's kid was really good once. Now, he's coming out of retirement on an incentive contract. Nuff said. He's a veteran and they can use the experience, but I don't think he will play a big role.

J

The only issue I have is burning $5 million of cap space this year to pull him out of retirement. Now if the full $5 million isn't against this year's cap....different story.

I mean, he played RT all of 2015.

I'm confused. Wylie LG/RG Thuney LG (maybe LT) Tardiff RG Niang RT (maybe LT).

I think I'd have preferred C Andrews than a guy busted for 6 years and taking a year off. And I think he'd be cheaper.

I'd love if this was an f.u. to the Raiders after gutting their mostly good line. (the met with him the day before)

Edited by odendin

3 minutes ago, KCsb said:

Any number of LTs that the Chiefs evaluators feel can hold down the position and start their rookie year: Christian Darrisaw or Rashawn Slater to name a few. 

KC will have to trade up for one of the top OT's. It might cost us too much in draft  capital.

1 hour ago, KCsb said:

Any number of LTs that the Chiefs evaluators feel can hold down the position and start their rookie year: Christian Darrisaw or Rashawn Slater to name a few. 

What Mayan said. The big three are out of reach and no one else is better than what we have. The currently popular names is Eichenberg, who might work but lacks upside. Little would be perfect, except he is a medical risk, and so on. 

We will almost certainly draft an OT, but do not expect him to start immediately. So, we gather as much raw material as possible and see what we can make. That's one of the advantages of a player like Thuney. He can help teach an inexperienced player the ropes. 

J

Edited by onejayhawk