If the Packers struggle without Rodgers, is it an indictment on Ted Thompson?

RoellPreston88

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not really sure what that means.  Care to explain?

He'll say our record for the rest of the way will be the indicator. 

My opinion our record the rest of the way is more indicitive of how good Hundley is. Doesn't matter how talented your roster, QB play rules the NFL. The Browns and 49ers suck because they don't have a QB.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not really sure what that means.  Care to explain?

As the season progresses, we'll know just how far we are from the Browns. At that point, either this article is meaningless clickbait or actually prescient analysis. 

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My opinion our record the rest of the way is more indicitive of how good Hundley is. Doesn't matter how talented your roster, QB play rules the NFL. The Browns and 49ers suck because they don't have a QB.

So if we don't win another game all year, just blame Hundley and give MM and co a pass? I've seen this movie before.

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Even if the Packers go 0-whatever until the end of the season, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that the Packers are Browns bad.  One player doesn't make 10+ wins happen, and it's not like everything is happening in a vacuum.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So if we don't win another game all year, just blame Hundley and give MM and co a pass? I've seen this movie before.

We're going to win games, so this "scenario" is fruitless to discuss.

However yes, there's no way I would fire McCarthy if the Packers went 4-12.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Even if the Packers go 0-whatever until the end of the season, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that the Packers are Browns bad.  One player doesn't make 10+ wins happen, and it's not like everything is happening in a vacuum.

I'd argue Rodgers is a 10 win player or pretty close to it. Look at our games so far. We are 4-3. What are we without Rodgers? I'll be generous and say 1-6, let's say Hundley beats the Bears at home. Now with Rodgers rest of the year, most people were thinking what, 12-4, 11-5 at worst, maybe 13-3. So if we finish 3-13, 4-12, 5-11 without Rodgers  (from week 1), why cant we say Rodgers was the difference in those games?

28 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd argue Rodgers is a 10 win player or pretty close to it. Look at our games so far. We are 4-3. What are we without Rodgers? I'll be generous and say 1-6, let's say Hundley beats the Bears at home. Now with Rodgers rest of the year, most people were thinking what, 12-4, 11-5 at worst, maybe 13-3. So if we finish 3-13, 4-12, 5-11 without Rodgers  (from week 1), why cant we say Rodgers was the difference in those games?

You can't compare a team built for its starting QB and playing with its backup to any team with it's starting QB.

With no Rodgers we don't have a 20m at QB with 40+m invested in OTs and WRs. Maybe we resign someone like Hayward/Hyde for the secondary and Lang/Sitton to build a more clock controlled offense. 

This team is built to be successful with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Archived