Joe Flacco is here now

Scalamania

Don’t like Flacco even a little bit. Being from the same area he’s a very chill guy when he’s out and about but as a player, never had any interest in him on my team. As a player/coach for a young QB? Maybe that’s where his value is. 

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

There will be no Flacco slander as long as I'm around. He still has a live arm and going to be better than a good percentage of 5th rounders, based on his experience alone. You've got a solid backup. Cherish this man. He's a treasure. 

What good is a solid backup when we are in no position to win this year? 

I'm not saying Flacco isn't serviceable in this league, but the point is in the grand scheme of things he offers us nothing because of the situation we put ourselves in, and detracts from our ability to add in the long term, even if it's just a 5th.

Just now, Danger said:

What good is a solid backup when we are in no position to win this year? 

I'm not saying Flacco isn't serviceable in this league, but the point is in the grand scheme of things he offers us nothing because of the situation we put ourselves in, and detracts from our ability to add in the long term, even if it's just a 5th.

I'm more joking when I say these things. I do love Flacco, he's brought us a lot as a player. (Ravens) 

You, like us, have a mobile QB. It's better safe than sorry to have a decent backup in that case. The NFL changes so much from season to season. You guys could go on a run. You never know. 

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm more joking when I say these things. I do love Flacco, he's brought us a lot as a player. (Ravens) 

You, like us, have a mobile QB. It's better safe than sorry to have a decent backup in that case. The NFL changes so much from season to season. You guys could go on a run. You never know. 

Best case scenario. Jalen Hurts is a poor mans Lamar Jackson. I am saying this as someone who isn't yet sold on LaMar Jackson as a long term solution even if he does have a high ceiling. This year will be very telling for Jackson, will he stagnate? Will he continue to decline, or will he evolve. Last year he dipped notably.

Just now, Danger said:

Best case scenario. Jalen Hurts is a poor mans Lamar Jackson. I am saying this as someone who isn't yet sold on LaMar Jackson as a long term solution even if he does have a high ceiling. This year will be very telling for Jackson, will he stagnate? Will he continue to decline, or will he evolve. Last year he dipped notably.

His dip came with a decimated offensive line, which has been semi-addressed. 

I agree though, this is a big year for Lamar. I believe with solid Offensive line play, he can do almost whatever he wants as a player. Time will tell. 

As far as Hurts goes. I do have faith in the guy. Give him 2 more years and you'll know what you have. I like watching him play.