Chris Grier & the Multitrade of Madness

Tetsujin

I would have preferred to stay at 12, but to go from 3 to 6 and net a 1st and 3rd in the process, I can live with that. It definitely tells me they are not satisfied with just any of the big 4 WRs (including Pitts) at least one of which would have been there at 12. 

Edited by Phinsesq

From some channel on YouTube:

Breaking News: The San Francisco 49ers and the Miami Dolphins have agreed to a blockbuster trade. The Dolphins are sending the No. 3 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft to the 49ers for pick No. 12, a 3rd round pick in 2021 plus a first round pick in 2022 and 2023.

Will be interesting if this is the board...

1.  Lawrence - Jax

2. Sewell - NYJ

3. Wilson - SF 

4. Slater/Pitts - ATL

5. Chase/Slater - CIN

6. ?? - Mia

Does Denver, Carolina or NE come calling offering multiple #1s for Lance, Jones or Fields?  I think Grier played this brilliantly. 

45 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

Will be interesting if this is the board...

1.  Lawrence - Jax

2. Sewell - NYJ

3. Wilson - SF 

4. Slater/Pitts - ATL

5. Chase/Slater - CIN

6. ?? - Mia

Does Denver, Carolina or NE come calling offering multiple #1s for Lance, Jones or Fields?  I think Grier played this brilliantly. 

Would be great but I see Jets going qb too. Hope I’m wrong

1) Lawrence

2) Wilson

3) Fields

4) Lance (probable trade)

5) Sewell

6 take your pick. If falcons don’t take Lance then him or Jones will get phone ringing,

First 3 Picks will be QBs. 

I can also see the Falcons taking a QB or possibly trading with Detroit or Carolina for them to take a QB. Jones or Lance. 

As Mike Lombardi pointed out. Jets were offered the same from SF before Miami and said no. If it is true you don't turn down 3 firsts and a 3rd unless you are keen on a franchise QB. Same for SF you don't give up that kind of capital unless you are taking a franchise QB. 

Will be interesting to see what the Bengals will do, I would think protecting Burrows would be the primary concern and necessitate them drafting Sewell if he is available. 

I cant imagine Miami not having the option of at least 3 of the 4 between Chase, Smith, Pitts, Waddle. Still think we should have just stuck at 12 as one or more of the 4 would have slid to there, but clearly Miami feels better about some of these that the others as they did not want to risk drafting whoever was left. 

I hope we trade them our 2022 pick, the miners might not be that good next season and we’ll probably at least make the playoffs. Maybe we also use that 1st in 2023 to move back up into the first to have 3 1st round picks again?

Edited by Jdolphins18