FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

TL-TwoWinsAway

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

This.

Bodies are separate from talent. Boogie probably isn't going to be good this year. So unless your not trying to be competitive and go full tank for next years draft, keep Flowers -- Code name (Flours).

If you're setting up to tank, then trade him, but you may need to get another capable DE at some point. I'm not putting all my eggs in the Boogie basket.

never want to.. too much pressure on a young guy. Im sure guys like Burrow sit awake at night lol 

1 minute ago, LionArkie said:

This.

Bodies are separate from talent. Boogie probably isn't going to be good this year. So unless your not trying to be competitive and go full tank for next years draft, keep Flowers -- Code name (Flours).

If you're setting up to tank, then trade him, but you may need to get another capable DE at some point. I'm not putting all my eggs in the Boogie basket.

I guess I'm looking at it as: 2021 is a gimme year. We took Julian Okwara last year who was considered a 1st round talent that dropped to the 3rd because of injury. We just re-signed Romeo. We just drafted Basham. We have Austin Bryant, Charles Harris as well. I'm not going to give away Tre Cool but I'd be open to seeing how he's valued on the open market. I don't see him being on this roster 2 years from now. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I guess I'm looking at it as: 2021 is a gimme year. We took Julian Okwara last year who was considered a 1st round talent that dropped to the 3rd because of injury. We just re-signed Romeo. We just drafted Basham. We have Austin Bryant, Charles Harris as well. I'm not going to give away Tre Cool but I'd be open to seeing how he's valued on the open market. I don't see him being on this roster 2 years from now. 

I think that's probably true: Flowers certainly isn't in the long-term plans. The way I see it, though, is we've finally got a deep DE/DL rotation. Boogie can slide inside on pass-rushing downs, whereas Julian is more of a pure pass-rusher. With Flowers and Okwara, we've got a pair of quality ends.

That being said: if we can get good value for Flowers, I'm all for it.

• Like 1

24's position group in order

24, 62, 50, 7 

There's another guy that should be in the mix who isn't in our worksheet. 

With that being said, I REALLY want #64 on this roster. I feel like he'd be a difference maker and a tone setter. 

Edited by Karnage84

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

dont forget 59 

I'm looking at PFF (I caved and bought the NCAA premium stats package) and doing across the board comparisons for a few key items of need. 59 doesn't check off a few of the key boxes, which is kind of surprising, because he feels like he should. 

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

24's position group in order

24, 62, 50, 7 

There's another guy that should be in the mix who isn't in our worksheet. 

With that being said, I REALLY want #64 on this roster. I feel like he'd be a difference maker and a tone setter. 

I'll work on getting an updated list at some point today, unless I want to sit down and figure out how to make a google doc.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I'll work on getting an updated list at some point today, unless I want to sit down and figure out how to make a google doc.

Do the Google doc, shouldn't be too tough. Even if you're the only one that can edit it. Just would be nice to see who's in our big board, who isn't available, etc. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm looking at PFF (I caved and bought the NCAA premium stats package) and doing across the board comparisons for a few key items of need. 59 doesn't check off a few of the key boxes, which is kind of surprising, because he feels like he should. 

good to know. i cant do it for pff. but glad you have it. might have to ask about some numbers hehe

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Luckily pff is an extremely unreliable source for measuring talent or quality of play.

I think pretty much any of the names/numbers you guys brought up would be good value at the position in the 3rd. 59 and 62 in particular 

54 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Luckily pff is an extremely unreliable source for measuring talent or quality of play.

I think pretty much any of the names/numbers you guys brought up would be good value at the position in the 3rd. 59 and 62 in particular 

I don't use PFF as the "end all, be all" but it does point some things out. If I think a guy is really good in one area and he grades out well, then it kind of confirms it. If he doesn't, then I wonder how/why that is the case and I'll dig a little more. If he does better than I think, I'll take another look at it. It's the same thing when looking at production and looking at measurables. They're all just pieces in a puzzle which is an inexact science.