FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

TL-TwoWinsAway

4 minutes ago, winitall said:

I would be intrigued by trading the two 3rds to move up, but would potentially want to reach out to the Chiefs on Tyreek Hill. Their GM posted that they would consider moving him for some mid-range picks and if we could use both 3rds on that, it might be better value IMO. 

Tyreek Hill is on the block asking price is a good collection of mid round picks and a couple good depth/role players ideally including a WR in return. We just don't want to pay Tyreek his next contract.”

We could definitely reach out, although they're asking for a WR in return. It would have to be Cephus, right? (They'd also want another player.) I'm concerned about Tyreek's next contract as well, and some of his other "stuff".

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

So: tons of love for 13 and 46. Would it be worth it to have both? (I just wanna make sure we have a consensus on the deal in advance. Things may move quickly after we make our selection at #41.)

I don't love moving up because there are plenty of players at all positions that I would be ok with and none of these guys scream "steal" to me at this point.  TBH 13s position is the deepest as far as talent I like here, so maybe that sways how we pick now.  Yes 13 is my favorite player at the position but there are 5 or 6 others that I would also be ok with.  As far as 9 and 46, its not as deep but there are others I like.    

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't love moving up because there are players at all positions that I would be ok with.  TBH 13s position is the deepest as far as talent I like here, so maybe that sways how we pick now.  Yes 13 is my favorite player at the position but there are 5 or 6 others that I would also be ok with.  As far as 9 and 46, its not as deep but there are others I like.    

Yeah, very true.

If we don't go with 46, is there a player at that position that could potentially start for us there that would be available in the 3rd round? (I'm seeing most mocks that have him as a fringe 1st round player, and some suggest that he may find himself in the 1st round come draft day.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't love moving up because there are players at all positions that I would be ok with.  TBH 13s position is the deepest as far as talent I like here, so maybe that sways how we pick now.  Yes 13 is my favorite player at the position but there are 5 or 6 others that I would also be ok with.  As far as 9 and 46, its not as deep but there are others I like.    

Honestly, I don't think we could really go wrong here. We have a lot of needs. I like 13 more as a prospect than 46 but we also have a far bigger need there. We could get away with what we have at 13's position for this year if we really had to. However, I also am in favour of building up a strong unit. If 55 is someone that people expect could be a 1st round guy, then I don't know if it would be a reach to take him at #41 even if he doesn't address other core needs. 

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Honestly, I don't think we could really go wrong here. We have a lot of needs. I like 13 more as a prospect than 46 but we also have a far bigger need there. We could get away with what we have at 13's position for this year if we really had to. However, I also am in favour of building up a strong unit. If 55 is someone that people expect could be a 1st round guy, then I don't know if it would be a reach to take him at #41 even if he doesn't address other core needs. 

55s position is deeper in this draft.  I think 9 and 46 are much shallower in this draft.  As TL said, not a lot to plug in at 46s position that I am super high on.  Although I like 33 in the 3rd. 

I don't think that I would want to trade up. With 3 x 3rd's, there are going to be some guys that slip and we really can use baseline talent across the board. We're not a team that is looking to contend now, so we can take a flier on a guy that needs a little time to develop and become a starter. There's a bunch of guys at 55's position that have the tools and could be available later on. 

See, I agree completely about 55 and his position. In my opinion, grabbing a fringe 1st round talent at that position and solidifying that group would be huge for this team, especially as far as next year goes. (Two first round picks, developing roster, etc.)

So, the way my mind works: if we grab 46 and 55, and still have a 3rd round pick left, wouldn't that be a pretty strong draft?

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

See, I agree completely about 55 and his position. In my opinion, grabbing a fringe 1st round talent at that position and solidifying that group would be huge for this team, especially as far as next year goes. (Two first round picks, developing roster, etc.)

So, the way my mind works: if we grab 46 and 55, and still have a 3rd round pick left, wouldn't that be a pretty strong draft?

Well Done Reaction GIF

• Like 1

Just now, Karnage84 said:

I don't think that I would want to trade up. With 3 x 3rd's, there are going to be some guys that slip and we really can use baseline talent across the board. We're not a team that is looking to contend now, so we can take a flier on a guy that needs a little time to develop and become a starter. There's a bunch of guys at 55's position that have the tools and could be available later on. 

One great point here is that we could potentially trade an early 3rd and our late (late, late) 3rd to move up later in the 2nd, which allows us to keep our other early 3rd round pick. It's tough.

So, as we sit here now: should we turn the deal down and just make our pick at #41?

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

One great point here is that we could potentially trade an early 3rd and our late (late, late) 3rd to move up later in the 2nd, which allows us to keep our other early 3rd round pick. It's tough.

So, as we sit here now: should we turn the deal down and just make our pick at #41?

Pick at 41 and then see if one of our other key guys slips a bit. 

• Like 1

Pick at 41 and then see if one of our other key guys slips a bit. 

Yeah, I think this is the right way to go. (But, hey, give me a second and I'll convince myself of the opposite.)

Now we're (again) at the point where we need to consider who we draft at #41. You guys seem to like 46 a bit, and he was 1st on dhlf's board, 3rd on Louis Friend's board, 2nd on NFL_Fan's list... are we leaning that way?

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, I think this is the right way to go. (But, hey, give me a second and I'll convince myself of the opposite.)

Now we're (again) at the point where we need to consider who we draft at #41. You guys seem to like 46 a bit, and he was 1st on dhlf's board, 3rd on Louis Friend's board, 2nd on NFL_Fan's list... are we leaning that way?

I think it makes the most sense given other options.