FFMD II 2021 - Detroit Lions War Room (Part 2)

TL-TwoWinsAway

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

75 is actually someone I'd be all for moving up for.  Some of those others, I would think we dont need to be as high.  Can we use 41 and a third to get up to get 75 and then if 9/95 fall to mid 2nd use more thirds to move up for them?

Absolutely. We could definitely do something like that.

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Or, we could see which player at 9's position falls in the 2nd round and consider a trade-up using two of the 3rd round picks.

Adding 75 to that position group seems to make more sense to me than 9 or 95. However, it would give us a position of strength, which we don't really seem to have as a team right now. 

As a unit, I do think we need to develop a more coherent strategy. It's tough walking into this midway through BUT... we should focus on the position groups we want to improve and then identify the key players. If someone is BPA that pulls us off of that plan, so be it. Not necessarily saying "lets draft for need" as much as what do we want this team to look like, how are we going to get there and who is going to help us. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

And we arent going to find 12 starters in this draft.  So grab talent and improve the roster is all we can ask for. 

true. but still not sure 75 is just overhyped. easy to think hell be our next superstar...or is there a reason he has fell??

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In theory, we could trade all three 3rd round picks for an early 2nd rounder. 

I’m not trolling honestly.

I do have two 2nd round picks so if you wanted to trade up to either I’m sure we could come to some arrangement.