Most iconic football picture iyo?

everlong

12 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

I think the Bednarik/Gifford pic is probably the most iconic NFL pic ever.

This is my favorite though.

d517ffd828a0e86a2ef2d9244b8887dc.jpg

Jack was just a boss. Laughing like a villain in a western right after he shot the good guys horse.

I like that. What's his story?

On 10/23/2017 at 6:24 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

I like that. What's his story?

Just an old school tough guy. Jack Youngblood is a Rams legend. Talked the talk and walked the walk. Played in 201 straight games over 14 seasons. When he broke his leg in 1979 in the division playoffs, he finished the game, then played in the NFC championship the next week, then the superbowl. And... if you can believe it, played in the pro bowl with his leg still on the mend. xD 

Dude was that guy. The one who was sickhouse back in the day and now everyone is a "namby pamby" if they dont play with broken bones. That gristly old tough guy that strikes a match off using his 5 o'clock shadow, lol. Still my favorite player of all time. For a lot of reasons. Was just a great football player. And as a kid growing up in LA, he was my first sports hero.

Here is the NFL films video about the whole broken leg thing. Keep in mind you have two long bones in your lower leg. The tibia (the big weight bearing one) and the fibula (the smaller support bone that runs medial to the tibia). So it's not like he had a snapped shin. But still, I mean come on. This guy was in the trenches with a broken bone in his leg. You have to love it.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d810a6bd4/Top-10-Gutsiest-Performances-Jack-Youngblood

Archived