News/Info on current WFT Players

ARTMONK HOF

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Maybe. I don’t believe that will be the case but that’s just me. 

For once you and I are in the same boat here. It really looks like Chase is back and healthy and while I don’t expect him to be TJ Watt, Nick Bosa or Myles Garrett in terms of getting 15-20 sacks, I do expect him to get double digit sacks this year in the way Payne did last year & if he doesn’t, I think it will be bc Chase’s pass rush collapses the pocket or forced the QB to escape/reset towards the left which will result in more sacks for Allen and Sweat.

As for the people who think Sweat is better, I hear that but Sweat never seems to have that extra gear to get home, and he’s been mostly healthy the last 4 years. Sweat is very steady and reliable on the opposite side of Chase but I think Sweat is more Brian Orakpo type (good not great) where Chase still has the talent and potential to be one of the top DEs in the NFL.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

For once you and I are in the same boat here. It really looks like Chase is back and healthy and while I don’t expect him to be TJ Watt, Nick Bosa or Myles Garrett in terms of getting 15-20 sacks, I do expect him to get double digit sacks this year in the way Payne did last year & if he doesn’t, I think it will be bc Chase’s pass rush collapses the pocket or forced the QB to escape/reset towards the left which will result in more sacks for Allen and Sweat.

As for the people who think Sweat is better, I hear that but Sweat never seems to have that extra gear to get home, and he’s been mostly healthy the last 4 years. Sweat is very steady and reliable on the opposite side of Chase but I think Sweat is more Brian Orakpo type (good not great) where Chase still has the talent and potential to be one of the top DEs in the NFL.

Physical ability is not the reason Chase has underperformed.... the kid just doesn't put the time in to be a Pro. Its a mindset thing, and this has been corroborated by a lot of people and tape - INCLUDING SEAN SPRINGS, who was a lifelong mentor of Chase.

I mean JFC, Montez Sweat commented in an interview that the dude is finally starting to rehab in the ice bath... how is that possible? How in god's name is that a thing....

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

$7M would’ve signed Dalton Schultz this off-season. 

Why is it that Bill Belli gets so much out of his players? Do you think its superior drafting? Or has he established a culture? Culture matters - and here Ron is making these guys earn it.... which is exactly how it should be on every team. I would rather have a motivated roster less D Schultz.

10 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Why is it that Bill Belli gets so much out of his players? Do you think its superior drafting? Or has he established a culture? Culture matters - and here Ron is making these guys earn it.... which is exactly how it should be on every team. I would rather have a motivated roster less D Schultz.

Bill Belli ? What's he done since T Brady moved on ? I think Tom proved his point- Won another SB .

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Yeah except they've sorta sucked since Tom left. Belichick is a great coach who got elevated to GOAT status because of his QB. He's also an awful GM. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah except they've sorta sucked since Tom left. Belichick is a great coach who got elevated to GOAT status because of his QB. He's also an awful GM. 

Eh, they're .500 never worse than 7-9 in those 3 years and same record as Brady last year.. They've just been a competitive team without the GOAT QB. It hasn't been that bad, they just got spoiled for so long. 

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Bill Belli ? What's he done since T Brady moved on ? I think Tom proved his point- Won another SB .

He's done absolutely nothing since Brady left, he only had 1 winning season since Brady left. I heard that Robert Kraft was irate with Belichick after how last year went bc he hired his former assistant's Def Coord. Patricia & former Special Teams Coord. Joe Judge. 😂 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Eh, they're .500 never worse than 7-9 in those 3 years and same record as Brady last year.. They've just been a competitive team without the GOAT QB. It hasn't been that bad, they just got spoiled for so long. 

They've basically been the Comamnders since Tom left. 7-9, 10-7 & 8-9 a little better than us but only by a few games.

4 hours ago, Troublez said:

It’s the coaching and the culture. He's actually not very good at drafting but he and his staff are good at developing young players.

5 hours ago, Troublez said:

Physical ability is not the reason Chase has underperformed.... the kid just doesn't put the time in to be a Pro. Its a mindset thing, and this has been corroborated by a lot of people and tape - INCLUDING SEAN SPRINGS, who was a lifelong mentor of Chase.

I mean JFC, Montez Sweat commented in an interview that the dude is finally starting to rehab in the ice bath... how is that possible? How in god's name is that a thing....

This simply isn't true. He worked all last off-season with Von Miller and his team on new moves & technique while rehabbing. He also worked with his college coach at Ohio State this offseason on moves & technique. To me he never stops working on his game and never stops trying to improve.

And you're complaining about an ice bath? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill! 😂 

35 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So, a competitive team without a QB?

I'd actually argue they have less talent than we do - especially at WR - and we have more talent on D than they do.

They have a young and developing QB, it's TBD if Mac Jones is just going to top out at league average or be better than that. This is a big year for him now that he has a real offensive coordinator w/ Bill O’Brien again.