NYRaider Final Mock Draft

NYRaider

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Holland is a weird player where no one knows his true position. Personally I think he can play both Safety spots and both Corner spots, but Free Safety and NCB is primarily where you want him. And I think NCB might be his best position. 

Yeah in this scenario you'd start him at FS to see how he plays there while rotating Cisco in. But Holland is versatile and can be moved around. I like the idea of Holland/Cisco because both guys are ball hawks and we've lacked playmakers in the secondary forever. Between the two of them in 51 games they combined for 22 interceptions and 24 PD. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I went Cisco after Holland because I think both could play together. And if Cisco develops into a starting FS you could play Holland at SS or NCB. 

I thought you were an advocate of Arnette being a better fit inside ? 

First 4 picks would get me feeling depressed.   Clearly don't see the hype or point of Parsons.

Don't particularly like Holland see him as a big nickle or strong safety.

Brown is super raw and won't be ready to see the field for a couple of years. 

Cisco can't tackle and doesn't like contact. 

I like rest of the picks. 

5 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

First 4 picks would get me feeling depressed.   Clearly don't see the hype or point of Parsons.

Don't particularly like Holland see him as a big nickle or strong safety.

Brown is super raw and won't be ready to see the field for a couple of years. 

Cisco can't tackle and doesn't like contact. 

I like rest of the picks. 

Not every pick has to come in and start straightaway. So what if Brown won’t be ready if he’s as talented as we think then it’s a good 3rd round pick. Same with Parsons, he doesn’t have to start at Mike this year but give him game time this year with a view to starting in ‘22, it’s still a good value pick. 

This is the problem of picking for need, people aren’t looking at the bigger picture. 

Edited by Dessie

5 hours ago, Dessie said:

Not every pick has to come in and start straightaway. So what if Brown won’t be ready if he’s as talented as we think then it’s a good 3rd round pick. Same with Parsons, he doesn’t have to start at Mike this year but give him game time this year with a view to starting in ‘22, it’s still a good value pick. 

This is the problem of picking for need, people aren’t looking at the bigger picture. 

I'm okay with that but we still need a RT for this season, why I wouldn't be mad for going for a RT that also projects as a probowl gaurd. Can give him a couple of years to make it at Rt. If he fails move him inside then play Brown at RT

11 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I'm okay with that but we still need a RT for this season, why I wouldn't be mad for going for a RT that also projects as a probowl gaurd. Can give him a couple of years to make it at Rt. If he fails move him inside then play Brown at RT

Yeah I agree on the RT/G point, I have AVT on a par with Parsons tbh. I just think when you pick for need you end up missing out on talent. Our draft history is littered with these. 

On 4/18/2021 at 6:36 PM, NYRaider said:

I used TDN's mock draft prediction machine for the picks. 

17 - Micah Parsons | LB | Penn State

GettyImages-1166690607.jpg?w=525

Analysis: BPA at this point in the draft, Parsons projects as a guy that can start at SAM in our base defense and be used as an edge rusher on passing downs. We have needs at OT and FS but I think we can find prospects at those spots later in the draft while Parsons, the best defensive player in the draft, is a steal at 17. There are some character concerns surrounding Parsons but I think his toughness and attitude would add a dynamic to our defense and locker room that we've lacked for a long time. As it stands we have zero depth at LB behind Morrow/Littleton/Kwit and all 3 of those guys could be gone after this season. We've lacked a dynamic a dynamic LB for almost 3 decades and Parsons will be a difference maker from day one. 

48 - Jevon Holland | DB | Oregon

FBSRFHMRHBERLFLFJEBX4S73AY.JPG

Analysis: Another guy that is BPA at this point in the draft and also fills a major need. Holland is one of the best defensive playmakers in the draft with the versatility to play at various spots across the secondary. Ideally you'd start him at FS but I think his best fit will be a DB that plays at FS, SS, and slot corner. Adding Holland here gives Bradley another versatile playmaker that he can move around the field to exploit mismatches. We've lacked playmakers on the defensive side of the ball for years and adding Holland/Parsons gives us two guys with the potential to be difference makers for a long time. 

79 - Spencer Brown | OT | Northern Iowa

?uuid=810812BD-8A40-4FF3-9F58-7A26D087B4

Analysis: From a physical tools standpoint Brown is the most gifted tackle in the draft and is essentially a more athletic Kolton Miller. He played RT at Northern Iowa, has the tools/traits that Cable covets, and also plays with the mean streak you want to see out of an OT. He's a little raw and may need some time before he can be depended on as a full time starter but his upside is as high as any OT in the draft. Ideally he'd start from day one and while he may have some growing pains in year 1, I think he will be a very good starting OT for years to come. 

80 - Andre Cisco | FS | Syracuse

13322711-850x560.jpeg

Analysis: Another one of the best playmaking defensive backs in the draft, Cisco is a ball hawk with the range to play single high in Bradley's system. He has some question marks coming off of the torn ACL and has a tendency to free lance, but if he's healthy I think he can be coached up to correct some of his bad tendencies. You can make a case that he has better range/ball skills than any safety in the class and I think Bradley is the perfect coach to help his development. He may not start as a rookie but long-term having Cisco/Holland/Abram would give Bradley a ton of flexibility with how he uses our safeties. 

121 - Tyler Shelvin | NT | LSU

Tyler-Shelvin-NFL-Draft.jpg

Analysis: Shelvin is a massive nose tackle that projects as a two down run stuffer and provides a skill-set that none of the DT's on our roster have. Shelvin will likely never be an effective pass rusher but he's a guy that will be effective in the run game and eat double teams to keep our LB's off blocks. He projects as a situational player in year one that provides a cheap replacement for Hankins going forward. 

162 - Elerson Smith | Edge | Northern Iowa

Elerson-Smith.jpg

Analysis: Start the UNI to LV pipeline, Smith is a guy that the Raiders reportedly like and offers a similar skill set to Maxx Crosby when he was coming into the draft. Smith is an athletic pass rusher with the tools to develop into an effective pass rusher going forward. He'll need to continue to get stronger but he projects as a situational pass rusher in year one that can replace Arden Key. 

167 - Trey Hill | IOL | Georgia 

8861203.jpg

Analysis: Hill started at center and guard at Georgia and would provide depth at both positions. His position flexibility is something that Cable seems to love in prospects and he'd provide depth behind James while also being able to play guard if needed. He's probably a career backup but at this point in the draft I think he's a good value pick, especially with James inexperience. 

200 - Simi Fehoko | WR | Stanford

q8ttp6vn4j1tanm3lbf0

Analysis: H/W/S prospect at WR with some upside this late in the draft as a 6'4" 225 receiver with 4.3 speed. Fehoko never put it all together at Stanford but had a ton of big catches and contested catches in his last year and a half at Stanford. He's a guy that could potentially help our red zone offense as a rookie and could even be moved to TE if he adds weight. At this point of the draft I'd swing on Fehoko because he provides a skill-set that none of our other WR's outside of Edwards have. 

Good looking draft...but why 2 saftys and no corner

1 hour ago, lester said:

Good looking draft...but why 2 saftys and no corner

I’d only change the late round picks and add a CB there... but Holland projects to be a S who drops down into the slot quite often.  That’s what he did at Oregon to great success.

While I’m a supporter of Abrams especially in this scheme, I do Like the idea of having 3 quality safeties especially if it’s someone so versatile like Holland and a rangy FS like Cisco.

The 3 safety idea requires having the right match of players.  Holland and Cisco is definitely that correct mix.  

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

While I’m a supporter of Abrams especially in this scheme, I do Like the idea of having 3 quality safeties especially if it’s someone so versatile like Holland and a rangy FS like Cisco.

The 3 safety idea requires having the right match of players.  Holland and Cisco is definitely that correct mix.  

I'm a fan of a 3 safety idea so they have a backup plan when Abram is inevitably ushered to the bench or traded for a late round pick next offseason. Zero faith in him as a player. I'll gladly eat crow if he turns out to be much of anything. 

My thing is a team like the Raiders who are so missing ANY... playmakers....players that other teams have to scheme for....PLEASE FOR GOD SAKES..not a damn guard or right tackle in the first rd...but when you are dealing with 2/3 of the 3 Stooges who think they are smarter then every other Coach and GM and NEVER seem to draft a player at their value...well you know ....for me Parsons...then Farley...or if the can move down and take either Greg Newsome or Trevon Moehrig