NYRaider Final Mock Draft

NYRaider

I used TDN's mock draft prediction machine for the picks. 

17 - Micah Parsons | LB | Penn State

GettyImages-1166690607.jpg?w=525

Analysis: BPA at this point in the draft, Parsons projects as a guy that can start at SAM in our base defense and be used as an edge rusher on passing downs. We have needs at OT and FS but I think we can find prospects at those spots later in the draft while Parsons, the best defensive player in the draft, is a steal at 17. There are some character concerns surrounding Parsons but I think his toughness and attitude would add a dynamic to our defense and locker room that we've lacked for a long time. As it stands we have zero depth at LB behind Morrow/Littleton/Kwit and all 3 of those guys could be gone after this season. We've lacked a dynamic a dynamic LB for almost 3 decades and Parsons will be a difference maker from day one. 

48 - Jevon Holland | DB | Oregon

FBSRFHMRHBERLFLFJEBX4S73AY.JPG

Analysis: Another guy that is BPA at this point in the draft and also fills a major need. Holland is one of the best defensive playmakers in the draft with the versatility to play at various spots across the secondary. Ideally you'd start him at FS but I think his best fit will be a DB that plays at FS, SS, and slot corner. Adding Holland here gives Bradley another versatile playmaker that he can move around the field to exploit mismatches. We've lacked playmakers on the defensive side of the ball for years and adding Holland/Parsons gives us two guys with the potential to be difference makers for a long time. 

79 - Spencer Brown | OT | Northern Iowa

?uuid=810812BD-8A40-4FF3-9F58-7A26D087B4

Analysis: From a physical tools standpoint Brown is the most gifted tackle in the draft and is essentially a more athletic Kolton Miller. He played RT at Northern Iowa, has the tools/traits that Cable covets, and also plays with the mean streak you want to see out of an OT. He's a little raw and may need some time before he can be depended on as a full time starter but his upside is as high as any OT in the draft. Ideally he'd start from day one and while he may have some growing pains in year 1, I think he will be a very good starting OT for years to come. 

80 - Andre Cisco | FS | Syracuse

13322711-850x560.jpeg

Analysis: Another one of the best playmaking defensive backs in the draft, Cisco is a ball hawk with the range to play single high in Bradley's system. He has some question marks coming off of the torn ACL and has a tendency to free lance, but if he's healthy I think he can be coached up to correct some of his bad tendencies. You can make a case that he has better range/ball skills than any safety in the class and I think Bradley is the perfect coach to help his development. He may not start as a rookie but long-term having Cisco/Holland/Abram would give Bradley a ton of flexibility with how he uses our safeties. 

121 - Tyler Shelvin | NT | LSU

Tyler-Shelvin-NFL-Draft.jpg

Analysis: Shelvin is a massive nose tackle that projects as a two down run stuffer and provides a skill-set that none of the DT's on our roster have. Shelvin will likely never be an effective pass rusher but he's a guy that will be effective in the run game and eat double teams to keep our LB's off blocks. He projects as a situational player in year one that provides a cheap replacement for Hankins going forward. 

162 - Elerson Smith | Edge | Northern Iowa

Elerson-Smith.jpg

Analysis: Start the UNI to LV pipeline, Smith is a guy that the Raiders reportedly like and offers a similar skill set to Maxx Crosby when he was coming into the draft. Smith is an athletic pass rusher with the tools to develop into an effective pass rusher going forward. He'll need to continue to get stronger but he projects as a situational pass rusher in year one that can replace Arden Key. 

167 - Trey Hill | IOL | Georgia 

8861203.jpg

Analysis: Hill started at center and guard at Georgia and would provide depth at both positions. His position flexibility is something that Cable seems to love in prospects and he'd provide depth behind James while also being able to play guard if needed. He's probably a career backup but at this point in the draft I think he's a good value pick, especially with James inexperience. 

200 - Simi Fehoko | WR | Stanford

q8ttp6vn4j1tanm3lbf0

Analysis: H/W/S prospect at WR with some upside this late in the draft as a 6'4" 225 receiver with 4.3 speed. Fehoko never put it all together at Stanford but had a ton of big catches and contested catches in his last year and a half at Stanford. He's a guy that could potentially help our red zone offense as a rookie and could even be moved to TE if he adds weight. At this point of the draft I'd swing on Fehoko because he provides a skill-set that none of our other WR's outside of Edwards have. 

I’d say a very small chance these players will be there at these picks, but I’d get very, very drunk those nights (in a good way) if this was our draft, and I’m not even much of a drinker. 

Parsons is the steal of the draft at 17. Holland good pick at 48. Both are instant starters. Spencer Brown starts in 2022. And Cisco is boom or bust... but if he booms, hello! Move Holland to SS if Cisco booms, and trade Abram. 

I've done these exact first 6 picks in many of my mocks so I LOVE IT!!! Use to take C/G Hill in 4th in some of my older mocks. Like the versatility. Him and T/G Carman would cover all 5 positions between the two.

Yup couldn’t argue with the first 3 picks but wouldn’t go Cisco in the 3rd after taking Holland. I’d go corner preferably.

I like Bobby Brown III as a developmental NT but hard to argue against Shelvin. 

Not sure about another draft pick on a WR either we are pretty stacked. Really like Niemann Lb Iowa in this range. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I used TDN's mock draft prediction machine for the picks. 

17 - Micah Parsons | LB | Penn State

GettyImages-1166690607.jpg?w=525

Analysis: BPA at this point in the draft, Parsons projects as a guy that can start at SAM in our base defense and be used as an edge rusher on passing downs. We have needs at OT and FS but I think we can find prospects at those spots later in the draft while Parsons, the best defensive player in the draft, is a steal at 17. There are some character concerns surrounding Parsons but I think his toughness and attitude would add a dynamic to our defense and locker room that we've lacked for a long time. As it stands we have zero depth at LB behind Morrow/Littleton/Kwit and all 3 of those guys could be gone after this season. We've lacked a dynamic a dynamic LB for almost 3 decades and Parsons will be a difference maker from day one. 

48 - Jevon Holland | DB | Oregon

FBSRFHMRHBERLFLFJEBX4S73AY.JPG

Analysis: Another guy that is BPA at this point in the draft and also fills a major need. Holland is one of the best defensive playmakers in the draft with the versatility to play at various spots across the secondary. Ideally you'd start him at FS but I think his best fit will be a DB that plays at FS, SS, and slot corner. Adding Holland here gives Bradley another versatile playmaker that he can move around the field to exploit mismatches. We've lacked playmakers on the defensive side of the ball for years and adding Holland/Parsons gives us two guys with the potential to be difference makers for a long time. 

79 - Spencer Brown | OT | Northern Iowa

?uuid=810812BD-8A40-4FF3-9F58-7A26D087B4

Analysis: From a physical tools standpoint Brown is the most gifted tackle in the draft and is essentially a more athletic Kolton Miller. He played RT at Northern Iowa, has the tools/traits that Cable covets, and also plays with the mean streak you want to see out of an OT. He's a little raw and may need some time before he can be depended on as a full time starter but his upside is as high as any OT in the draft. Ideally he'd start from day one and while he may have some growing pains in year 1, I think he will be a very good starting OT for years to come. 

80 - Andre Cisco | FS | Syracuse

13322711-850x560.jpeg

Analysis: Another one of the best playmaking defensive backs in the draft, Cisco is a ball hawk with the range to play single high in Bradley's system. He has some question marks coming off of the torn ACL and has a tendency to free lance, but if he's healthy I think he can be coached up to correct some of his bad tendencies. You can make a case that he has better range/ball skills than any safety in the class and I think Bradley is the perfect coach to help his development. He may not start as a rookie but long-term having Cisco/Holland/Abram would give Bradley a ton of flexibility with how he uses our safeties. 

121 - Tyler Shelvin | NT | LSU

Tyler-Shelvin-NFL-Draft.jpg

Analysis: Shelvin is a massive nose tackle that projects as a two down run stuffer and provides a skill-set that none of the DT's on our roster have. Shelvin will likely never be an effective pass rusher but he's a guy that will be effective in the run game and eat double teams to keep our LB's off blocks. He projects as a situational player in year one that provides a cheap replacement for Hankins going forward. 

162 - Elerson Smith | Edge | Northern Iowa

Elerson-Smith.jpg

Analysis: Start the UNI to LV pipeline, Smith is a guy that the Raiders reportedly like and offers a similar skill set to Maxx Crosby when he was coming into the draft. Smith is an athletic pass rusher with the tools to develop into an effective pass rusher going forward. He'll need to continue to get stronger but he projects as a situational pass rusher in year one that can replace Arden Key. 

167 - Trey Hill | IOL | Georgia 

8861203.jpg

Analysis: Hill started at center and guard at Georgia and would provide depth at both positions. His position flexibility is something that Cable seems to love in prospects and he'd provide depth behind James while also being able to play guard if needed. He's probably a career backup but at this point in the draft I think he's a good value pick, especially with James inexperience. 

200 - Simi Fehoko | WR | Stanford

q8ttp6vn4j1tanm3lbf0

Analysis: H/W/S prospect at WR with some upside this late in the draft as a 6'4" 225 receiver with 4.3 speed. Fehoko never put it all together at Stanford but had a ton of big catches and contested catches in his last year and a half at Stanford. He's a guy that could potentially help our red zone offense as a rookie and could even be moved to TE if he adds weight. At this point of the draft I'd swing on Fehoko because he provides a skill-set that none of our other WR's outside of Edwards have. 

I don't think we land all these guys here, but I'd be happy with it. It's a good, well rounded haul.

100 percent would love this.  All of your picks within the first 4 rounds I have been pounding the table for for months minus Brown, I don't know much about him but I just did a little digging and he sounds like a good RT prospect with upside.

Parsons Holland, Cisco and Shelvin would all pose good value for where you have them going, that is what it is all about!!!  Will they all be available when it comes time to turn in the card most likely no but one can dream. I also don't mind the double dip on Holland and Cisco we need depth and playmakers and if Abram doesn't improve he can ride the pine.  

Let's just say I would drink with @BayRaider and I also rarely drink myself.  This would be a special occasion though ;)

I am still prepared to get my heart broken come draft day with some nonsensical reach but I hope I am wrong....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dessie said:

Yup couldn’t argue with the first 3 picks but wouldn’t go Cisco in the 3rd after taking Holland. I’d go corner preferably.

I went Cisco after Holland because I think both could play together. And if Cisco develops into a starting FS you could play Holland at SS or NCB. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Parsons is the steal of the draft at 17. Holland good pick at 48. Both are instant starters. Spencer Brown starts in 2022. And Cisco is boom or bust... but if he booms, hello! Move Holland to SS if Cisco booms, and trade Abram. 

You could play Cisco at FS, Abram at SS, and Holland at NCB. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You could play Cisco at FS, Abram at SS, and Holland at NCB. 

Holland is a weird player where no one knows his true position. Personally I think he can play both Safety spots and both Corner spots, but Free Safety and NCB is primarily where you want him. And I think NCB might be his best position.