ROUND BY ROUND MOCK (round 3 on page 4)

squire12

Nixon, Radunz, and Cosmi may all be there at 62 though we may have to trade up for the two OL. Nixon will definitely be there at 62. 

I've been pounding the table for an OT at 29 and knowing that we'll most likely trade up, I'd go Newsome.

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Not crazy about this list but give me Rousseau

Lots of scouts and pundits are high on him as a developmental guy. Lots of raw tools that just need to be refined.

10 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I'm still rooting for DE Onwuzurike (not listed).

I am as well but would rather see us trade up into the 2nd or trade down early 2nd to draft him. I think Barmore goes before he does and it'll be interesting to see how quickly he'll be selected after Barmore. JMO

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

The pick is Cosmi, Newsome, or Onwuzurike.

If GB has them rated at the top of their board equally, I would hope for Onwuzurike.

I think the pick is Newsome

co-signed.

4 hours ago, pgwingman said:

Seems like Newsome would be BAP. But with those options you might be able to trade down a little bit

Yeah, a trade down with those options would be preferred, but I think the choices are such that only going down 2-3 spots might be the most to ensure getting 1 of Newsome/Cosmi/Radunz/Nixon

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Can you elaborate more on what you don't like about the list of options?  or any other player that was not already drafted?

I don't think there is anything wrong about your list, people are putting their faith in different sources and coming up with different players is all. Eijah Moore is a name that is really hot as a 1st rounder and seems like he will probably go before 29 according to some. Alex Leatherwood is getting a little buzz also. 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Can you elaborate more on what you don't like about the list of options?  or any other player that was not already drafted?

Travis Etienne- Wil be great for somebody but he's a RB and I just can't justify taking one this early (if at all) with Dillon and Jones

Terrance Marshall-The medical red flags do worry me a bit with him. Wouldn't be a bad pick by any means but I'd take a wait and see approach with it.

Dillon Radunz-Like him a lot, just not this early. Would love him round 2. Leatherwood as well.

Sam Cosmi-The complete lack of a functional anchor is going to really hurt him early on. I think anyone taking him should have a starter in place for a season and let him add some weight to his core.

Landon Dickerson-Love the player, hate the injuries. Some reports are out that some teams won't even consider him until the 5th. I'd give up a 4th and try to plug him in at RG personally.

Daviyon Nixon- Not a first round prospect for me. Definitely has benefited from this interior dline class being really weak. If he can continue to build off of the massive development he displayed last season, he could live up to the pick but I'm always a little leery about those one big year guys especially in the trenches.

Greg Rousseau-A lot of what we heard about Gary we hear about Rousseau. Took some play offs and definitely could have been more dominant considering his physical profile, but this is a guy who if he hits can change the entire complexion of a defense with what he brings.

Joseph Ossai- Dude has a non stop motor and the production to match it. I don't expect him to be there when we pick but if he is I wouldn't hate it at all. He'd be in an ideal situation here being given time to develop and add a little weight because he is a tick small for the EDGE.

Greg Newsome-A lot like Landon Dickerson for me. A ton to like as a prospect but he's got an extended injury history going back to his freshman year at Northwestern. Also can be a little grabby in coverage. Pretty much strictly a boundary corner at this stage which is fine, but I do value versatility in the secondary.

Jevon Holland-Opposite of Newsome Holland has all the versatility you can ask for out of a DB. I just like Richie Grant and Trevon Moehrig more in the role I'd have Holland playing on our defense. 

16 hours ago, squire12 said:

Travis Etienne
Terrance Marshall
Dillon Radunz
Sam Cosmi
Landon Dickerson
Daviyon Nixon
Greg Rousseau
Joseph Ossai
Greg Newsome
Jevon Holland

I'd be fine with Marshall, Radunz, Nixon, Newsome or Holland. 

Too early for Dickerson, not a huge fan of Cosmi, no RB, and not the EDGE guys I'd be interested in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Sam Cosmi-The complete lack of a functional anchor is going to really hurt him early on. I think anyone taking him should have a starter in place for a season and let him add some weight to his core.

The 1st round hype for Cosmi is hard to understand. HIs game tape doesn't say 1st round. He has the high RAS, but we're talking about an offensive lineman. An OT with the worst RAS score in recorded history just got traded for a 1st round pick.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Would take a fair amount to get to the early 40's.  

62, 4th and future 2nd type package to get to the early 40's

I doubt that. 62, a 5th, and a future 6th probably or 62 and just a 4th. Personally, I'd be willing to give up our 2nd, 3rd, and a 5th, to get a pick in the early 40's and an extra 4th.

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

I doubt that. 62, a 5th, and a future 6th probably or 62 and just a 4th. Personally, I'd be willing to give up our 2nd, 3rd, and a 5th, to get a pick in the early 40's and an extra 4th.

Say Whaaaat!

16 minutes ago, Joe said:

You think moving up around 20 spots in the 2nd round would cost 62, a 5th and future 6th?