ROUND BY ROUND MOCK (round 3 on page 4)

squire12

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Nixon over Newsome??? That's crazy.

The medical concerns with the guy are very real. He missed more than 4 games 3 seasons in a row all due to injuries in his lower half. That doesn't bode well for the future at all.

2 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

The medical concerns with the guy are very real. He missed more than 4 games 3 seasons in a row all due to injuries in his lower half. That doesn't bode well for the future at all.

Nixon isn't even a top 50 player in this draft though. Sorry there's absolutely nothing that would convince me that would be a smart pick with that board he mentioned. He'd be one of the last guys I'd take. I have Barmore, Onwuzurike and Milton Williams ahead of him.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Nixon isn't even a top 50 player in this draft though. Sorry there's absolutely nothing that would convince me that would be a smart pick with that board he mentioned. He'd be one of the last guys I'd take. I have Barmore, Onwuzurike and Milton Williams ahead of him.

Yeah I'm not high on Nixon at all either I just don't see Newsome as this can't miss no brainer pick like some seem to. (Not saying that's you)

1 hour ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Yeah I'm not high on Nixon at all either I just don't see Newsome as this can't miss no brainer pick like some seem to. (Not saying that's you)

Outside of a few picks every year, that doesn't exist. Newsome certainly comes with durability questions, but they're mixed in with a pretty elite profile.

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Who are your can't miss / no brainer guys ?

The guys I'm most confident about turning out to be good who I think will be there at 29 are Creed Humphrey, Richie Grant and Alex Leatherwood. Most seem to think we could get any of the three with a trade down and if we somehow ended up with two out of the three I'd be elated.

10 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

The guys I'm most confident about turning out to be good who I think will be there at 29 are Creed Humphrey, Richie Grant and Alex Leatherwood. Most seem to think we could get any of the three with a trade down and if we somehow ended up with two out of the three I'd be elated.

I watched some Senior Bowl stuff and thought Leatherwood looked old, slow, and sloppy while Radunz looked young, quick, and precise. So there you go. All just a matter of opinion I guess. At the end of the day, we're all just armchair scouts

Edited by cannondale

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I watched some Senior Bowl stuff and thought Leatherwood looked old, slow, and sloppy while Radunz looked young, quick, and precise. So there you go. All just a matter of opinion I guess. 

Sure is. AL didn't have a great senior bowl, but he's got serious experience at left tackle against top tier competition and played at an all american level for the better half of his career. All the length you could ask for from a bookend and pretty good core strength with room to add more weight. Not a perfect prospect by any means but my personal favorite among that second tier of prospects. FWIW I do like Radunz too just less and more at 62 as opposed to 29.

Edited by Rodjahs12

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Sure is. AL didn't have a great senior bowl, but he's got serious experience at left tackle against top tier competition and played at an all american level for the better half of his career. All the length you could ask for from a bookend and pretty good core strength with room to add more weight. Not a perfect prospect by any means but my personal favorite among that second tier of prospects.

+1.  Leatherwood has a great name, size and those coveted long arms.  I could see him at RT for a decade.

• Like 1

Round 3

pairing Nixon and Adebo from round 1 and 2 with James Hudson as a OT

RD 3 options

Kenneth Gainwell
Walker Little
James Hudson
Milton Williams
Rashad Weaver
Patrick Jones
Cameron McGrone
Hamsah Nasirildeen

Edited by squire12

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

Round 3

pairing Nixon and Adebo from round 1 and 2 with James Hudson as a OT

RD 3 options

Kenneth Gainwell
Walker Little
James Hudson
Milton Williams
Rashad Weaver
Patrick Jones
Cameron McGrone
Hamsah Nasirildeen

Very much enjoying this thread. It's fun to see the different opinions. 

However I'd be stunned if Gute picks James Hudson. A RAS of 3.8 is dire and with arms shorter than 33" his profile as a Tackle looks challenging. 

My round one was Newsome, CB.

Round two would have been Trey Smith, OT.

Round three, Milton Williams, DL.

All RAS guys.  Could be a little early for Milton, but he's improved every year.  Still seems a little light, but I'll bet another 10 pounds can go onto that frame pretty easily.