YOUR 2021 Chicago Bears

Madmike90

16 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Do you think he can play LT? Because I haven't really watched him, just everything I've read says no. 

I don't understand why anyone would think he can't play LT...I always like to watch a guys toughest match up and again Clemson he was rock solid...I also think he tested a lot better than most presumed he would.

14 hours ago, soulman said:

Since we're still not completely sure of Mustipher at OC and with playing musical OGs again we have no depth there I'd love to see Quinn Meinerz that kid from UW-Whitewater drop far enough for us to pick him up on day three.

Bears O line clearly works better with Whitehair at G.   That is position he excels at.   Just leave him there.  

I think Ifedi is the 'good enough' OT at RT that everyone thinks Leno is at LT.

I think if we could improve LT in draft or FA that would work wonders for O across board.

I haven't really looked at Mustipher closely.   Withhold comment on him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't understand why anyone would think he can't play LT...I always like to watch a guys toughest match up and again Clemson he was rock solid...I also think he tested a lot better than most presumed he would.

I think he can. 

On another note, the lines between LT and RT is blurring. Defenses no longer just put their elite passrusher at RE and say 'go' so idc which one they claim they have to be. At some point it is just technical work to play on either side. You can still use TEs to chip EDGE guys on either side, we've seen it repeatedly with Mack when he moves around. 

Im going to stand my ground and beat the dead horse, you keep plugging OTs across the board unless you have someone who is excelling at a spot already (Nelson, Mack, etc). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I think he can. 

On another note, the lines between LT and RT is blurring. Defenses no longer just put their elite passrusher at RE and say 'go' so idc which one they claim they have to be. At some point it is just technical work to play on either side. You can still use TEs to chip EDGE guys on either side, we've seen it repeatedly with Mack when he moves around. 

Im going to stand my ground and beat the dead horse, you keep plugging OTs across the board unless you have someone who is excelling at a spot already (Nelson, Mack, etc). 

Speaking of OTs one guy I would like who I completely forgot about is Dillon Radunz...a ton of quality late 1st to mid 2nd round OTs in this class which is why I would love to be able to move down...pick up picks...then grab one of these OTs.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Speaking of OTs one guy I would like who I completely forgot about is Dillon Radunz...a ton of quality late 1st to mid 2nd round OTs in this class which is why I would love to be able to move down...pick up picks...then grab one of these OTs.

Yeah, I watched a lot of his stuff once he'd been mocked to the Bears by...somebody, don't remember who, maybe it was even @WindyCity.

The kid is a stud. Looks like he could be the real deal. If he's our Consolation Prize...count me in. 

There appears to be enough talent at OT to fill out 3 rounds so provided Pace doesn't use his 2021 pick to trade up I would look at drafting the top rated prospect at CB or OT and quite possibly lean more towards a CB.

If I felt I had to draft one of the 2nd tier QBs I'd try to trade back for more 2nd day picks and hopefully fill all three major needs.

QBs Fields, Jones, Lance, Mond (R2 no trade 

RB Chuba Hubbard (day 3)

WRs Elijah Moore, Tylan Wallace, Amari Rodgers,  Eskridge, Cornell Powell (day 3) 

OT Jenkins, Radunz, Hudson

CB Kelvin Joseph, Tyson Campbell, Paulson Adebo (day 3), Shakur Brown (day 3)

S Deablo (best name in this year‘s draft)