YOUR 2021 Chicago Bears

Madmike90

I think sometimes we all get hung up too much on where guys are going to be drafted or even what is possible in a draft when in reality in less than a weeks’ time we are going to have a new host of Bears who we will all be supporting and hoping they have an outstanding career so who are your guys? Who are the guys who regardless of how it comes around you would personally love to see in a Bears uniform next years?...

RB…Elijah Mitchell…Louisiana

WR…Elijah Moore…Ole Miss

WR...D'Wayne Eskridge...Western Michigan

TE…Tommy Tremble…Notre Dame

TE…Noah Grey…Duke

OT…Christian Darrisaw…Virginia Tech

OT…Teven Jenkins…Oklahoma State

OT…Liam Eichenberg…Notre Dame

OT…Samuel Cosmi…Texas

OT…Tommy Doyle…Miami (Ohio)

C…Quinn Meinerz…Wisconsin-Whitewater

DL…Daviyon Nixon…Iowa

DL…Milton Williams…LA Tech

DL…Bobby Brown…Texas A&M

ILB…Derrick Barnes…Purdue

CB…Greg Newsome II…Northwestern

CB…Aaron Robinson…UCF

CB…Kelvin Joseph…Kentucky

CB…Robert Rochell…Central Arkansas

S…Divine Deablo…Virginia Tech

All of the above? 😁

That's a good list. I would most like Darrisaw, but Cosmi and Jenkins are more realistic...if Pace doesn't trade down. (And doesn't draft a gawddamned cornerback.)

I don't know what the heck has been going on with my special Hawkeye stud Nixon. At one point, Kiper was talking him up as a top ten pick, now I'm seeing him in all those mocks as going in the second round. Weird as hell. 

41 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

All of the above? 😁

That's a good list. I would most like Darrisaw, but Cosmi and Jenkins are more realistic...if Pace doesn't trade down. (And doesn't draft a gawddamned cornerback.)

I don't know what the heck has been going on with my special Hawkeye stud Nixon. At one point, Kiper was talking him up as a top ten pick, now I'm seeing him in all those mocks as going in the second round. Weird as hell. 

As much as I like Hicks if Nixon hits our 2nd round pick I would have no issue with taking him in and cutting Nicks if we haven't taken a take in round 1 to cut Leno...we need to create cap space somewhere and Leno, Graham & Hicks make the most sense...Nixon is a beast.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Fields

Lance

Jones

Elijah Moore

Rondale Moore

Stone Forsythe

Liam Eichenberg

Forsyth is my 2nd favorite development tackle only behind Doyle just because I think Doyle brings much more physicality to the position.

QB: This is a weird category because I think we probably need SOMEONE..... Mac Jones is my guy if we can get him (depends entirely on SF)..... but I won't be upset with Fields (I'm not his biggest fan, but I understand the pick)..... Lance or Mills are well below that on my want list... but again, I'd get it.....Mond is a step lower, and Ehlinger is probably my "last resort" guy.

RB: I absolutely love the style of Javonte Williams and the home run threat of Etienne.... I'd be absolutely astonished if we went RB in the first however, so they're out... Jaret Patterson I think is a solid B to B- version of Javonte's A+..... Not many others really interest me..... Javian Hawkins is intriguing mix of speed and production against good-great schools so he'd probably be the only other guy I'd list here.  Was hoping that kid out of Penn State would be here, but that heart condition retired him, he was an athletic freak of nature though.

WR: I'm not trading up, but D.Smith is the real deal.  Eskridge and Rondale Moore are two that really interest me relatively early. Imatorbehbeh or w/e the hell is his name is, I think has a lot of potential to be a better pro than collegiate guy.  I can see Bateman being good at the next level. I'm less high on Toney than most.... and I'd stay the hell away from Schwartz

ILB: Snowden is a guy I keep bringing up... 6ft7in, but moves like someone who's normal sized.... He's a bit soft in run support, but his length and mobility in coverage makes him incredibly intriguing.

I didn't include the position grouping on my llist but OL would be pretty high on my personal board as well, and in some of my draft sims I'm taking as many as 5 of them in this draft, particularly if I can't find a QB..... If I can't fix the QB, I would rebuild this team to run the ball 50x a game with deep play action shots on the back end.

Edited by Epyon

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

This OT class has a ton of guys I like.

Cosmi scares me a little. His hands are all over the place.

He's a guy I'd wager the team is very high on, however.... They want dudes who can really move for their zone blocking. Wouldn't be surprised if he was on their board above Jenkins, for example.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This OT class has a ton of guys I like.

Cosmi scares me a little. His hands are all over the place.

I'm not a massive fan of Cosmi as a pass protector right now but he has so much upside athletically that I would take the risk...especially considering his run blocking is outstanding.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm not a massive fan of Cosmi as a pass protector right now but he has so much upside athletically that I would take the risk...especially considering his run blocking is outstanding.

At 52 I am good with him. I think there are too many rough edges to take him higher at 20.

So I'm going to only list only a few 1st round talents, and non-Gators. Just mid round and later guys. 

Fields, Lance are my guys as QB. 

OT Walker Little - maybe his injuries make him the 4th round steal Pace can snag. 

CB Marco Wilson - ok so ONE Gator... I'm still not over him being an idiot and throwing a cleat that cost my Gators (potenrially) the game. But he's got high end tools and experience too. Damn idiot. 

SS/NLB Divine Deablo- I want to put him at SS and let EJax roam. When it's time to go to nickel he pairs with Smith and we get DT out. 

WR Jalen Darden- explosive and shifty. I feel like Cohen is going back to WR, Darden will actually fit the role better. He is a shifty SOB. 

EDGE Peyton Turner - big and tough, could be the guy who develops quickly with solid tools. 

P Max Duffy - because POD blows