The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, OnlyGlove said:

Browns tape at a small school looked incredibly average even at that level.  Lot of tools but he's a reach before late day 2 at best.  

Miller's tape was average at UCLA but he had physical gifts you couldn't teach and Brown is like a more athletic version of Kolton. I was kidding about taking him at 17.

3 minutes ago, SodakRaiders said:

The tackle pick isn't sexy but is a smart move. Defense is the biggest need with holes at every level and where I would focus in the first round. But if the pick is a good value OT, LB,FS, or DL I won't cry in the shower. 

If you take a RT at #17 he better be very good from day 1. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I have been quietly thinking that they would pass on Parsons even if he was there at 17.  I think they will take JOK over him for the same reason that I thought that they would take Ruggs last year.  Ultra competitive leader, big program, intense and aggressive, fits a need, and 0 red flags. 

17 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

I generally pound the table for CB just about every year. It’s a position that requires more depth than any other imo. And right now, even without Farley, we don’t have a single player on the roster that i could confidently say will open 2022 as a starter. 

its a vital position that requires multiple starting level players of which we don’t really have for a single one for sure

You can have the greatest CB's ever and it doesn't matter without an effective pass rush. Especially with a defensive coordinator like Bradley who blitzes less than any defensive coordinator in the league. 

We just spent two early picks on Mullen/Arnette and Farley might not even play in 2021. A pick like Farley is something that could put the nail in the coffin for Mayock. We need guys that will be ready to contribute towards a playoff run this season, Farley hasn't played in almost 2 years, is inexperienced at CB, and has major holes in his game. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And with Parsons and Darrisaw still on the board by a sheer miracle, the Las Vegas Raiders select, Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State!

Darrisaw, Parsons, JOK, Surtain, and Farley all make it to 17 and we select Leatherwood. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Fields also drops to 17 and we still select Leatherwood. 

Trevor Lawerence drops to 17 and we take Josh Ball, OT, Marshall. I'm trying to find the clip but I'll never forget Gruden pounding the table for us to take Manziel #4 over Khalil Mack, lol. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AVT has All-Pro potential at OG, just not sure he has the length to play RT. Would be a very Raiders thing to do though. 

It would make for an interesting camp for sure. I wonder if they'd move Good back to T if AVT started at G early in his career? Or would you try and groom AVT as the RT day one and hope he sticks there and roll with a Richie/Good G duo again. 

Lots think AVT is one of the best and the safest player in the whole draft.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

It would make for an interesting camp for sure. I wonder if they'd move Good back to T if AVT started at G early in his career? Or would you try and groom AVT as the RT day one and hope he sticks there and roll with a Richie/Good G duo again. 

Lots think AVT is one of the best and the safest player in the whole draft.

I think you'd probably try to play AVT at RT with Good at RG, but then they'd eventually flip it with AVT at RG/Good at RT.