The 2021 Raider Draft Day Thread - Round 1 Chat

RaidersAreOne

Just now, 101Raider said:

I wasnt defending his tackling in the NFL. I was just pointing out that in college that was considered a strength. 

Yeah and even he struggled tackling last season. Wonder how Farley who was getting bodied by backup running backs in the ACC two years ago will fare. 

If the Niners draft Mac Jones, it’s literally worse than any pick the Raiders have ever made. 

I still think it’s Trey Lance though. I have never believed the Mac Jones smoke. 

Also, football gods, please do not let the Broncos get Justin Fields. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If the Niners draft Mac Jones, it’s literally worse than any pick the Raiders have ever made. 

I still think it’s Trey Lance though. I have never believed the Mac Jones smoke. 

Also, football gods, please do not let the Broncos get Justin Fields. 

Fields will be a Patriot tonight. And Mac Jones at #3 would be insanity, at least they'll have a good backup behind Jimmy G. 

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Caleb Farley hasn't played in 2 years and might not even be ready to play when training camp starts. 

Browns tape at a small school looked incredibly average even at that level.  Lot of tools but he's a reach before late day 2 at best.  

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Just not sure how Farley who's pretty raw as a prospect, hasn't played in over a year, and is coming off of two back surgeries helps our defense next season. If he struggles, like most rookie CB's do, would you pound the table for another 1st round CB?

I generally pound the table for CB just about every year. It’s a position that requires more depth than any other imo. And right now, even without Farley, we don’t have a single player on the roster that i could confidently say will open 2022 as a starter. 

its a vital position that requires multiple starting level players of which we don’t really have for a single one for sure

Edited by Turnobili

Just now, Turnobili said:

I generally pound the table for CB just about every year. It’s a position that requires more depth than any other imo. And right now, even without Farley, we don’t have a single player on the roster that i could confidently say will open 2022 as a starter. 

100%. 

Wow, it’s 8 hours before the draft and already out of likes. Get you another time.