Final Mock 2021

Madmike90

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

You are not wasting time putting the right pieces in place for a young QB to succeed...this idea of just parachuting a young QB into this franchise and all being right again is far wide of the mark.

People keep saying;  "Pace sucks at QB,  "I want Pace gone",  "I'm tired of not having a QB",  "I'm tired of this org making the same mistake"

...but yet they WANT PACE to make the same mistakes.  I don't get it. 

Fill the roster with young talent this year so the new QB can walk into something he has to actually work with.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

People keep saying;  "Pace sucks at QB,  "I want Pace gone",  "I'm tired of not having a QB",  "I'm tired of this org making the same mistake"

Fill the roster with young talent this year so the new QB can walk into something he has to actually work with.

You can draft a QB this year, but don’t give away a bunch of picks to do it. This team is going to need those picks very soon.

So....Pace is going to make draft picks this year for the next GM and QB combo? Doesn't seem likely. 

I find it so very very unlikely that Pace told George he's rolling into the season with Dalton and will pick a QB later. There's a 99 percent chance he had to give George a very clear idea of where a new QB is coming from and soon. 

Edited by GOGRIESE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

What new QB?

Who is picking QB?

Obviously, I do not want Pace making the decision at QB, but that ship sailed in January.

2 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

You can draft a QB this year, but don’t give away a bunch of picks to do it. This team is going to need those picks very soon.

I disagree. This team needs a QB. How they get him doesn't matter nearly as much as getting him.

Those picks would be nice to have, but it is likely we are headed for a regime change and a full rebuild if Pace misses on the next QB. Those picks will be a in a transition period.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I disagree. This team needs a QB. How they get him doesn't matter nearly as much as getting him.

Those picks would be nice to have, but it is likely we are headed for a regime change and a full rebuild if Pace misses on the next QB. Those picks will be a in a transition period.

And if Pace doesn't miss you're left with few ways to improve the team during your QB's rookie contract. You're a poor-man's version of the Texans. They're not contenders either.

How you get the QB doesn't matter if you just want a jersey to wear. But it matters if you want to build a Super Bowl team.

2 hours ago, GOGRIESE said:

So....Pace is going to make draft picks this year for the next GM and QB combo? Doesn't seem likely. 

I find it so very very unlikely that Pace told George he's rolling into the season with Dalton and will pick a QB later. There's a 99 percent chance he had to give George a very clear idea of where a new QB is coming from and soon. 

No Pace is going to make picks to win now...unless he can get up to get a top 5 QB then a bench warmer doesn't help us.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't feel it does at this point...we go say 6-10 or 7-9 next year with a 2nd round rookie on the bench and I think he is gone.

If that's the way the season is going and that QB plays(decently I might add) I think he stays. There is zero chance they go into the season with Andy Dalton being their only pickup at QB. 

Edited by GOGRIESE

16 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

If that's the way the season is going and that QB plays(decently I might add) I think he stays. There is zero chance they go into the season with Andy Dalton being their only pickup at QB. 

I just feel if you don't believe a guy can beat out Dalton there is very little point drafting him when we have holes elsewhere.

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't feel it does at this point...we go say 6-10 or 7-9 next year with a 2nd round rookie on the bench and I think he is gone.

If the rookie comes in week 10 and looks like he might be something... I doubt they get fired.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

If the rookie comes in week 10 and looks like he might be something... I doubt they get fired.

But do we feel a guy like Mills or Mond will be ready to play in the NFL that quickly and look like the future? Mond's game against a good (not great) LSU defence scares me to death as does his inability to throw a looped deep ball...Mills is super inexperienced and wasn't even that productive...he is a 2 year project at best in my eyes.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Exactly why he might make a huge trade up for a top QB round 1 prospect.  That will surely buy both him & Nagy some more time even if the team go on to win 8 games or less with Dalton starting most of the year.

There's no guarantee Dalton wins them enough games to get to the POs and if that happens then Pace will wonder why he put all his eggs in the Dalton basket after getting fired 

It's not a solid gamble for Pace & Nagy to just roll with Dalton and hope that whatever picks they add in the draft will be enough to elevate the team from last season. 

I have no data to back this claim up but the probability that Dalton as the starting QB saving their jobs without any promising young QB talent waiting in the wings is probably less than 50% 

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

But do we feel a guy like Mills or Mond will be ready to play in the NFL that quickly and look like the future? Mond's game against a good (not great) LSU defence scares me to death as does his inability to throw a looped deep ball...Mills is super inexperienced and wasn't even that productive...he is a 2 year project at best in my eyes.

No idea.

I know that the chances of them coming in and showing something for the future is higher than Nick Foles.