It's Trevor Lawrence Day!: Draft Day 1 Discussion

.Buzz

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Didn't realize it was a tipped pick and not already made official yet. My b.

You're good. I got a stream up that may be behind. I just thought you were saying you were hearing we weren't interested tbh.

1 minute ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

You all gonna feel silly when Oweh is an All-Pro for the Ravens in 2-3 years.

I think at #33 it basically has to be either Moehrig or Barmore. 

Hey man, I don't disagree. Especially with that landing spot.

I'm just saying for us that type of player just didn't intirgue me much. Him landing here (until we prove we can develop talent at a good clip) versus Baltimore is vastly different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Hey man, I don't disagree. Especially with that landing spot.

I'm just saying for us that type of player just didn't intirgue me much. Him landing here (until we prove we can develop talent at a good clip) versus Baltimore is vastly different.

the thing though is that we all agree that we need to add one more EDGE at some point but every EDGE in this draft aside from Jaelan Phillips is a bit of a project. My whole thing is I'd rather have a guy like Oweh or Kwity Paye who both test out athletically and appear to be high motor guys compared to some of the other EDGE guys. 

Right now though, I don't think we should touch EDGE in Round 2. So the anxious part of me kind of likes this because it narrows down who our pick should/will probably be. There are a lot of good options for #33 tomorrow. It's exciting, but also scary.

21 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like a Day 2 value is pretty fair for Amari.  I'd prefer others like Elijah Moore more, obviously.  But ehhh...Really, i hope they turn a little bit of attention to the OLine tomorrow.  The weapons are great, but if you aren't solid in the trenches...it's hard to really make use of them reliably.

I mean of course I’d take Moore but I expect him to come off the board.. I’m kind of hoping Teven Jenkins he’s the only Tackle left I’m interested in as high as 33. Although it’s still good tackles like Cosmi and the kid from ND. But Barmore I have no problem with taking now either even tho I really don’t like non motivated guys.

Edited by DuvalsKing

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I mean of course I’d take Moore but I expect him to come off the board.. I’m kind of hoping Teven Jenkins he’s the only Tackle left I’m interested in as high as 33. Although it’s still good tackles like Cosmi and the kid from ND. But Barmore I have no problem with taking now either even tho I really don’t like none motivated guys.

I'm conflicted on Jenkins for us. He's a tremendous talent, but I've viewed him as a RT-only (albeit a high level, high potential RT) throughout this process and I've felt that the OT we target needs to have LT upside. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

the thing though is that we all agree that we need to add one more EDGE at some point but every EDGE in this draft aside from Jaelan Phillips is a bit of a project. My whole thing is I'd rather have a guy like Oweh or Kwity Paye who both test out athletically and appear to be high motor guys compared to some of the other EDGE guys. 

Right now though, I don't think we should touch EDGE in Round 2. So the anxious part of me kind of likes this because it narrows down who our pick should/will probably be. There are a lot of good options for #33 tomorrow. It's exciting, but also scary.

I think Boogie or Ojulari are definitely worthy picks at 33 and/or 45 myself, but I see what you're saying.

I guess I'm just off the "super raw+work in progress" talents. I view a guy like Oweh and a guy like Boogie or Ojulari in very different categories as far as projects go myself on what I see. 

11 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I keep forgetting JOK is still available somehow. Definitely a great option for the overhang type of player like I mentioned before.

The talent is just so hard to pass up at this point imo. He's a legitimate top 15 talent in this class imo.