It's Trevor Lawrence Day!: Draft Day 1 Discussion

.Buzz

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think Boogie or Ojulari are definitely worthy picks at 33 and/or 45 myself, but I see what you're saying.

I guess I'm just off the "super raw+work in progress" talents. I view a guy like Oweh and a guy like Boogie or Ojulari in very different categories as far as projects go myself on what I see. 

The talent is just so hard to pass up at this point imo. He's a legitimate too 15 talent in this class imo.

At this point just find football players that are going to make plays and lots of them 😂. It doesn’t matter Ettiene just felt like a luxury pick when we have so much more to address whether he’s able to play slot and on the field the Rob at the same time.. the Jags have a lot more needs than RB in my book.

Just now, DuvalsKing said:

At this point just find football players that are going to make plays and lots of them 😂. It doesn’t matter Ettiene just felt like a luxury pick when we have so much more to address whether he’s able to play slot and on the field the Rob at the same time.. the Jags have a lot more needs than RB in my book.

See, I don't agree with this personally. Etienne is known for his homerun hitting/overall playmaking ability. This offense lacks this in a big way.

I love James Robinson, but the guy isn't going to last if you run him into the ground like we did last year. Ettiene can line up all over and do soooo many things for this team. Most teams have a really rock solid 1-2 punch. They both bring such different elements to the table.

Like I've said, I'm not pro RBs early, but given our situation (or any team with a young QB trying to stack the room around him) I think that gets tossed out the window.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

J-Rob had like 83% of the carries or some absurd number in the 14 games he played. We need that 1-2 punch. A guy that has the ability to take it to the house at any point. ETN is a playmaker. How many of those have we truly had in recent years? This duo will take a ton of pressure off of Lawrence and hopefully control the TOP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

J-Rob had like 83% of the carries or some absurd number in the 14 games he played. We need that 1-2 punch. A guy that has the ability to take it to the house at any point. ETN is a playmaker. How many of those have we truly had in recent years? This duo will take a ton of pressure off of Lawrence and hopefully control the TOP.

I suggest everyone go and list to Wiggs podcast from Monday or Tuesday.

It's insane how fans want to sidestep the idea of loading up on playmakers on offense who have the potential to be truly elite talents.

Give Lawrence every possible tool to succeed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I think Boogie or Ojulari are definitely worthy picks at 33 and/or 45 myself, but I see what you're saying.

I guess I'm just off the "super raw+work in progress" talents. I view a guy like Oweh and a guy like Boogie or Ojulari in very different categories as far as projects go myself on what I see. 

Ojulari would be a decent option as a rotational EDGE. I just am more down on him because I really don't see him as a guy with bend. Not the same type of player exactly, but it's like with Fowler where he's athletic and has a high motor on the field, but lacks the bend to really be a great EDGE. That's not bad, but it's also not what I prefer high in the draft just from my own view of the draft. 

7 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Ojulari would be a decent option as a rotational EDGE. I just am more down on him because I really don't see him as a guy with bend. Not the same type of player exactly, but it's like with Fowler where he's athletic and has a high motor on the field, but lacks the bend to really be a great EDGE. That's not bad, but it's also not what I prefer high in the draft just from my own view of the draft. 

That's fair. I haven't done a super deep dive on him yet but maybe tomorrow before round 2 starts I'll dig a bit deeper. I saw two live games of his with Georgia last year and read up a good bit on him but admit I haven't seen the bend issues/questions you talk about.

Regardless, my issues with Oweh have more to do with us as an organization than the player himself.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

That's fair. I haven't done a super deep dive on him yet but maybe tomorrow before round 2 starts I'll dig a bit deeper.

Regardless, my issues with Oweh have more to do with us as an organization than the player himself.

That's fair given our history. My counter to that would just be that this is a new coaching staff and our defense probably will have heavy influence on it from what Baltimore has been doing. Steering too far from the raw/athletic players toward the base hit players is something we should be weary of since that was basically what Gene Smith's drafting philosophy was when he was here. Truth is, there's a balance to it and it varies by situation and position, imo. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

See, I don't agree with this personally. Etienne is known for his homerun hitting/overall playmaking ability. This offense lacks this in a big way.

I love James Robinson, but the guy isn't going to last if you run him into the ground like we did last year. Ettiene can line up all over and do soooo many things for this team. Most teams have a really rock solid 1-2 punch. They both bring such different elements to the table.

Like I've said, I'm not pro RBs early, but given our situation (or any team with a young QB trying to stack the room around him) I think that gets tossed out the window.

Think this rules us out for a gadget-y WR in the earlier rounds? I feel like Etienne can play a lot of that role.

5 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Think this rules us out for a gadget-y WR in the earlier rounds? I feel like Etienne can play a lot of that role.

Personally I'd think so, yeah. Especially based on how they talked about Etienne and how they plan to use him.

But then again, it's Urban. The quote from Amari Rodgers saying they told him that they think he could be Percy Harvin in our offense still sticks with me.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Personally I'd think so, yeah. Especially based on how they talked about Etienne and how they plan to use him.

But then again, it's Urban. The quote from Amari Rodgers saying they told him that they think he could be Percy Harvin in our offense still sticks with me.

Nevermind.