2021 Draft Day Thread

NewAge

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

No love for Huff and Zuniga, huh?

I like them but I'm not handing them anything. They have to earn it. Not saying we have to go DE, but if we did, there is enough talent here to possibly find someone that could challenge for a spot. 

Just now, JetsandI said:

Payton Turner is now in 1st round conversation.  Want to trade back into 1st for him?

I don't think I would trade up for anyone on the DL in this draft. As of now, our DL looks really good. If we didn't draft someone on the line, no one would complain. But the talent there is pretty deep and we could land someone later in the draft. If we did draft someone early, I wouldn't be mad. I would wait until the 4th because of the depth. 

39 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I like them but I'm not handing them anything. They have to earn it. Not saying we have to go DE, but if we did, there is enough talent here to possibly find someone that could challenge for a spot. 

Nor should anyone be handed anything. When you factor in Curry as well, that is 3 guys for one position. I just don’t see the need for drafting a 4th guy for the same position this year. What would a third or fourth round DE bring that we don’t already have?  I would rather select a player at a position that is not already crowded. 

I don’t see any of the OL guys we like making it to 23. Most teams need OL help and may even reach for a guy. It makes me wonder if we will do so as well. What I mean is that a lineman that we all believe may be available at 34 may be picked by us at 23 out of fear they may be gone by then. Pitt, KC, Balt, maybe GB may be looking at OL after us. Don’t be surprised to see Mayfield, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Dickerson, Creed, etc. could all be gone by 34 so it is possible we “reach” for one of them at 23.  Have no issue with that as long as we get a starting caliber OL early. 

Just now, xrade said:

I don’t see any of the OL guys we like making it to 23. Most teams need OL help and may even reach for a guy. It makes me wonder if we will do so as well. What I mean is that a lineman that we all believe may be available at 34 may be picked by us at 23 out of fear they may be gone by then. Pitt, KC, Balt, maybe GB may be looking at OL after us. Don’t be surprised to see Mayfield, Eichenberg, Cosmi, Dickerson, Creed, etc. could all be gone by 34 so it is possible we “reach” for one of them at 23.  Have no issue with that as long as we get a starting caliber OL early. 

Mayfield crashes badly.  He is bad at everything except tape.