2021 NFL Draft Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Louis Friend

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I hope other teams do and let him fall. I think he has versatility and can move around but I think alot of bad evaluations have come out simply based on height/bulk. He is a LB. He can play safety. Especially if the Lions move to more 4-2-5 defense. His talent is through the roof. He's the type of player you draft and mold your defense around him.

Yeah I wonder for us if we need more just plug and play type players that we don't have to think about it and have to scheme to make it work.  If we were a year or two into the rebuild perhaps they consider him more.  He is quite undersized I think I read possibly weighing as low as 205.  Having said all of that I'd take him at 41 and not think twice.

Just now, Millenhater said:

Yeah I wonder for us if we need more just plug and play type players that we don't have to think about it and have to scheme to make it work.  If we were a year or two into the rebuild perhaps they consider him more.  He is quite undersized I think I read possibly weighing as low as 205.  Having said all of that I'd take him at 41 and not think twice.

215. same weight leonard played at this year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

For Jenkins, the next logical progression was to start in 2018. The talented offensive lineman started ten games at right tackle and three games at left tackle, filling in for an injured starter on the left side. In 2019, the Oklahoma State tackle reprised his role as an impact starter, helping Chuba Hubbard break the 2,000-yard mark.

I think I read he had a back issue this year.  That is a bit scary especially for big guys but the dude is mean as hell and I'd love him on our team.  I really like the idea of having something already be a strength on our team year one of our rebuild and a strong Oline will only make the entire offense better.

I think I read he had a back issue this year.  That is a bit scary especially for big guys but the dude is mean as hell and I'd love him on our team.  I really like the idea of having something already be a strength on our team year one of our rebuild and a strong Oline will only make the entire offense better.

yeah he opted out with back issues. definitely have to pass medical. but man....imagine having a oline like that. 5 stars guys that would start on most teams....we have never had that...thinking of Backus and Raiola lol

Leonard and the LB that retired from JAX both played at that size.  Their outliers but again I'd run up to the podium.  The only player I have ranked higher is Samuel.

could argue samuel is small too. i dont mind smaller guys tho. inches never meant much to me. jeeze id hate to be 5'9" or something. make guys under 6' feel like midgets. (also not a bad thing being a midget) (also not saying you are saying this) just fans in general (russel wilson kyler murray examples) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Leonard and the LB that retired from JAX both played at that size.  Their outliers but again I'd run up to the podium.  The only player I have ranked higher is Samuel.

and i think you mean telvin smith

Just now, NFL_Fan said:

yeah he opted out with back issues. definitely have to pass medical. but man....imagine having a oline like that. 5 stars guys that would start on most teams....we have never had that...thinking of Backus and Raiola lol

I started reading this and got super excited by the possibilities then I read the last part and laughed out loud thinking how that was the heyday of our Oline.  haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

I started reading this and got super excited by the possibilities then I read the last part and laughed out loud thinking how that was the heyday of our Oline.  haha

stephen peterman "holding" lolllllllll

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

could argue samuel is small too. i dont mind smaller guys tho. inches never meant much to me. jeeze id hate to be 5'9" or something. make guys under 6' feel like midgets. (also not a bad thing being a midget) (also not saying you are saying this) just fans in general (russel wilson kyler murray examples) 

Yeah but I think he's like almost 5'11" and I think he could be inside outside CB.  But I think he's a plug and play starter at nickel.  And he add a ball hawking element we don't have.

Look I was wrong about both those QBs. I was (and still somewhat have my doubts) on short QBs but the league has changed so much that teams have figured out how to make it work.

3 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

Zaven Collins showed up at Tulsa at 220lbs. 215 is not some terrible weight. JOK is pure muscle. 

6064f34d39ca4.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

It's not like he's tall and lanky and fragile. I think people get too caught up in numbers especially around draft time. JOK is SOLIDLY built. He's a playmaker. He's my highest rated player left by far. I'd think about moving up for him.

• Like 1

Dude I forgot all about Peterman.  haha.  What a dumpster fire.  I was so pumped about Rob Sims and was really hoping we'd trade for him at the time.  Talk about low expectations...

man...rob sims..i was like finally!!! no more peterman....