2021 NFL Draft Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Louis Friend

I like that they appeared to get their guys.   They didn't mess around when on the clock because they had been waiting and hoping these guys fell to them.  Now that could be good or bad depending on the scouts but they all seemed to be all in on all of these guys.  

It was a fun video to see when they mentioned someone and started to get excited.  I like seeing SFH in there asking questions and Holmes having solid discussions with her about his thought process on why to take McNeil over a WR.  I am guessing if Iffy was gone with our second 3rd round pick, St Brown would have been that pick as he was mentioned before we picked McNeil. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I like that they appeared to get their guys.   They didn't mess around when on the clock because they had been waiting and hoping these guys fell to them.  Now that could be good or bad depending on the scouts but they all seemed to be all in on all of these guys.  

It was a fun video to see when they mentioned someone and started to get excited.  I like seeing SFH in there asking questions and Holmes having solid discussions with her about his thought process on why to take McNeil over a WR.  I am guessing if Iffy was gone with our second 3rd round pick, St Brown would have been that pick as he was mentioned before we picked McNeil. 

Is it bad one of my first thoughts when I saw how they got everyone they wanted was "this is being staged after the fact"?

I don't think that's actually the case but Quintricia really developed my cynicism.  

I did like how when SFH asked about WRs Holmes didn't immediately change his game plan and she was later supportive of their choice.

Edited by Nnivolcm
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Is it bad one of my first thoughts when I saw how they got everyone they wanted was "this is being staged after the fact"?

I don't think that's actually the case but Quintricia really developed my cynicism.  

The comments always seem to be that way after the draft but the video shows them mentioning guys early and discussing moving up for them.  Maybe they staged that for the video but based on their excitement, I'd say probably not.  This group is likeable.  They seem to have a good grasp on what they want and how they want to do it.  I just hope it leads to wins.  this is the first time I am somewhat excited for a coaching staff since Shwartz, I just hope this goes better. 

• Like 4

On 6/15/2021 at 3:06 AM, Louis Friend said:

I think the thing that sticks out most to me is that this group just loves football. They aren’t scientists trying to prove how they are smarter than everyone else. They just love the game. And respect it. And that permeates through the entire organization and hopefully onto the field on Sundays. 

They certainly do. It’s just so refreshing. I never watched Quin and Patricia. They were dull, poor communicators and arrogant.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/28/2022 at 2:41 PM, LionArkie said:

It is!! Those are the type of impacts the team needs, especially from mid to late round picks.

I really like what Holmes has accomplished to date. Campbell seemed to turn a corner with the team mid season. Once his play calling stopped taking Goff out of rhythm the offence was making strides.

Really looking forward to free agency and the draft, again!!

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 2:29 AM, jrry32 said:

Hey guys, sorry we keep dropping your first round pick. 😉

I have always wanted Stafford to succeed. The pick is irrelevant to me.

I have listened to him being disregarded, disrespected or simply ignored his entire career. He’s 5th in come back wins but no one even mentions that.

I want a Super Bowl for Stafford and A’Shawn Robinson. Then I want to see Robinson on the stage wearing a champions hat. He’s got to much class to call out Patricia but it would sure be deserved.

Edited by diehardlionfan
Spelling
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I have listened to him being disregarded, disrespected or simply ignored his entire career. His 5th in come back wins but no one even mentions that.

I want a Super Bowl for Stafford and A’Shawn Robinson. Then I want to see Robinson on the stage wearing a champions hat. He’s got to much class to call out Patricia but it would sure be deserved.

This guy, right here. It couldn't be said better.

• Like 3

On 2/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, diehardlionfan said:

I have listened to him being disregarded, disrespected or simply ignored his entire career. He’s 5th in come back wins but no one even mentions that.

I went to the Lions game in L.A. in October. I rocked out in my Lions gear. There were as many Lions fans there as Rams fans. I was pleasantly shocked. Talked to the people around me. Most felt like I did. They kind of support both teams. I was pleased some were still cheering for Goff to succeed but were happy to have Stafford. I bought a Rams shirt and hat while there to support Stafford. I will wear them proudly next weekend. Hopefully one year soon, it'll be Lions gear I wear proudly for a Superbowl. 

• Like 2