2021 NFL Draft Discussion (No Spoilers!)

Louis Friend

OFFENSE

OT:

Teven Jenkins | OT | Oklahoma State

Liam Eichenberg | OT | Notre Dame

Dillon Radunz | OT | North Dakota State

Samuel Cosmi | OT | Texas

Walker Little | OT | Stanford

Brady Christensen | OT | BYU

Stone Forsythe | OT | Florida

IOL:

Landon Dickerson* | IOL | Alabama

Creed Humphrey | IOL | Oklahoma

Wyatt Davis | IOL | Ohio State

Josh Myers | IOL | Ohio State

Quinn Meinerz | IOL | Wisconsin-Whitewater

Kendrick Green | IOL | Illinois

Trey Smith | IOL | Tennessee

David Moore | OL | Grambling State

Aaron Banks | IOL | Notre Dame

Ben Cleveland | IOL | Georgia

Drew Dalman | IOL | Stanford

WR:

Elijah Moore | WR | Ole Miss

Terrace Marshall Jr  | WR | LSU

Rondale Moore | WR | Purdue

Dyami Brown [ WR ] North Carolina

D'Wayne Eskridge | WR | Western Michigan

Amari Rodgers | WR | Clemson

Jaelon Darden | WR | North Texas

Josh Palmer | WR | Tennessee

Tylan Wallace | WR | Oklahoma State

Cornell Powell | WR | Clemson

Amon-Ra St.Brown | WR | USC

Cade Johnson | WR | SDSU

RB:

Javonte Williams | RB | North Carolina

Michael Carter | RB | North Carolina

Trey Sermon | RB | Ohio State

TE:

Pat Freiermuth | TE | Penn State

Tommy Tremble | TE | Notre Dame

Hunter Long | TE | Boston College

DEFENSE

Edge:

Azeez Ojulari | EDGE | Georgia

Ronnie Perkins | EDGE | Oklahoma

Carlos Basham Jr  | EDGE | Wake Forest

Dayo Odeyingbo | EDGE | Vanderbilt

Cameron Sample | EDGE | Tulane

Rashad Weaver | EDGE | Pittsburgh

Joseph Ossai | EDGE | Texas

Shaka Toney | EDGE | Penn State

Janarius Robinson | EDGE | Florida State

IDL:

Christian Barmore | IDL | Alabama

Levi Onwuzurike | IDL | Washington

Marvin Wilson | IDL | Florida State

Milton Williams | IDL | LA Tech

Daviyon Nixon | IDL | Iowa

Osa Odighizuwa | IDL | UCLA

Alim McNeill | IDL | NC State

Darius Stills | IDL | West Virginia

Tommy Togiai | IDL | Ohio State

LB:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah | LB | Notre Dame

Jabril Cox | LB | LSU

Nick Bolton | LB | Missouri

Baron Browning | LB | Ohio State

Chazz Surratt | LB | North Carolina

Peter Werner | LB | Ohio State

Monty Rice | LB | Georgia

S:

Trevon Moehrig | S | TCU

Richie Grant | S | UCF

Jevon Holland | S | Oregon

Jamar Johnson | S | Indiana

Talanoa Hufanga | S | USC

Elijah Molden | S | Washington

James Wiggins | S | Cincinnati

CB:

Asante Samuel Jr  | CB | Florida State

Tyson Campbell | CB | Georgia

Kelvin Joseph | CB | Kentucky

Aaron Robinson | CB | UCF

Tre Brown | CB | Oklahoma

Tay Gowan | CB | UCF

Ifeatu Melifonwu | CB | Syracuse

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ManeLine said:

Wyatt Davis would be tempting if we traded down, but not sure hoe i'd feel about going OL again

I wouldn't mind doubling up at a few spots (OL, WR, LB, S). It's a deep draft for those positions and we are baron of talent across the board (besides OL, but you can never have enough).

If Wyatt Davis or Quinn Meinerz fall to the 3rd, I'm scooping them up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ManeLine said:

Wyatt Davis would be tempting if we traded down, but not sure hoe i'd feel about going OL again

if anything id rather dickerson. can play all spots and absolute stud. only thing...ACL INJURY...but who knows. being optimistic some guys say an injury is best thing toreset their body. Ask Taylor Lewan. he talks about it on his podcast with that Linebacker as cohost. bussin with the boyz or whatever 

10 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I wouldn't mind doubling up at a few spots (OL, WR, LB, S). It's a deep draft for those positions and we are baron of talent across the board (besides OL, but you can never have enough).

If Wyatt Davis or Quinn Meinerz fall to the 3rd, I'm scooping them up. 

I feel like if JOK or Elijah Moore aren't there, trading down is the best option. Maybe add another 3rd or 4th in this deep draft. 

To me, JOK and Moore are the top 2 fits for this team and top 2 talents left. Then there's about 15+ players that I'd be okay with at 41 after them so I would definitely be looking to move down if I were Holmes. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ManeLine said:

I feel like if JOK or Elijah Moore aren't there, trading down is the best option. Maybe add another 3rd or 4th in this deep draft. 

To me, JOK and Moore are the top 2 fits for this team and top 2 talents left. Then there's about 15+ players that I'd be okay with at 41 after them so I would definitely be looking to move down if I were Holmes. 

Rumor is Minnesota wants to move up to the 2nd and has 47 3rd round picks. I'm not normally in favor of divisional trades, but I'd make an exception in this case.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

if anything id rather dickerson. can play all spots and absolute stud. only thing...ACL INJURY...but who knows. being optimistic some guys say an injury is best thing toreset their body. Ask Taylor Lewan. he talks about it on his podcast with that Linebacker as cohost. bussin with the boyz or whatever 

Landon Dickerson, Wyatt Davis and Quinn Meinerz are all IOL that I would love to have. I'm not sure I'd use #41 on them after using #7 on Sewell though. I have a feeling there will be a run on OL and other talent (WR, LB, S) are going to be ripe for the picking. 

"We're going to stick with the same plan that we had at seven, or if we would have possibly moved in any direction up or back, that's just to get the best football player," Holmes said. "We're not going to anchor ourselves or pigeonhole ourselves and say, 'We got to get this position or that position.'I mean, hey, look, if it's another offensive lineman that's a high-impact player, then it's another offensive lineman. If it's a defensive back, then it's a defensive back. Whoever is the best football player for us to make sure that we can get the most competitive team as we can through our efforts, then that's where we're going to go."

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/04/29/gm-brad-holmes-expects-penei-sewell-have-major-impact-lions/7407884002/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm loving Brad Holmes right now. It's so refreshing after watching Bob Quinn the previous years. 

I've been thinking the same thing. Who knows if this works out or not, but I much more enjoyed watching the Lions war room jumping up and down acting like they had a pulse vs the parasitic vampire look of BQ holding a baseball bat.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm loving Brad Holmes right now. It's so refreshing after watching Bob Quinn the previous years. 

Time to eat crow...for now.

I am happy to say that as of right now I was wrong about him and Campbell.  At least I hope I am because they seem like good dudes.  I hated the last regime.  It's hard to root for players/HC that you don't like.

1 hour ago, NFL_Fan said:

I'd consider a slight move up to get Davis or one of the other OG prospects at the end of the 2nd beginning of the 3rd.  I wouldn't do that for Dickerson.  His injury history is CRAZY.  If he's there in the 3rd yeah I roll the dice for sure and we have one bad and I mean bad OLine that mauls.

I'm still high on Stenberg. I'm not sure why he was inactive most of the season while we rotated the right side non stop. If it's an attitude or work ethic issue, then he needs to leave. But he is one kneecap biting mauler at G. I'm hoping we figure out RG and then keep Stenberg/Crosby/whomever as depth. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I'd consider a slight move up to get Davis or one of the other OG prospects at the end of the 2nd beginning of the 3rd.  I wouldn't do that for Dickerson.  His injury history is CRAZY.  If he's there in the 3rd yeah I roll the dice for sure and we have one bad and I mean bad OLine that mauls.

true. torn right acl freshman year. two major ankle injuries to end his seasons and then left acl tear. i agree