Draft Day 2 Thread: Discussion and Thoughts

.Buzz

CB would probably be one of the few positions i'd be disappointed with at 33.  There are promising talents at pretty much every other position we need, still on the board.  Just feels like between Henderson picked high last year, and a decent chunk of change spent in FA...another practically 1st round pick sunk into it seems like overinvestment, in a position i'm kinda iffy on the early value of to begin with.

But i can certainly see it happening.  That seems to be a philosophical thing with Urban, and what he wants to take away and how he wants to kinda build a defense from the *** end up.

10 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

But i can certainly see it happening.  That seems to be a philosophical thing with Urban, and what he wants to take away and how he wants to kinda build a defense from the *** end up.

This draft class is just so bad up front on defense that I completely get Urban going all in on the secondary and hoping we can scheme up the front end until we get the right guys there.

Given all the things he’s said in the past, the switch to 3-4 seemed to indicate that we don’t think we’re going to have the guys that can win straight up enough, and that the coaches were going to have to scheme up wins in the trenches until we got there with the personnel. And for that to work, sometimes those plays take longer to develop, so you really do need the great back end to facilitate it. 

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Campbell, Barmore, Moehrig, Grant, Pat F, ?, ?

That's my best guess.

I wanna say Brevin, but he tested like trash. Maybe Tremble. 

One of the OL likely. Not sure which. 

I'd prefer to see us take Moehrig over Campbell.  Moehrig is the best safety in the class, and Campbell is a ways down the list when it comes to CB's. 

Another one nobody is talking about is WR Elijah Moore.  A lot of people thought he would go in the first round.  Any chance we would go with a receiver right after picking Etienne?